One’s eyes are often considered as mirror to their souls. Coming to women, they say eyes are a window to her heart. Every woman desires to have beautiful eyes and desires to have long and beautiful lashes. Most of us are not blessed with thick lashes and eyelashes also do get thin because of environmental factors, pollution, medical conditions, etc. even as a part of natural ageing process. I am sure many of you have this fetish for long eyelashes, and so, in this post, we have shared how to get long and thick eyelashes.
How Long Do Eyelash Products Take to Show Results:
One has to be really patient to see effective results. It may anywhere from 4 weeks to six months to see any results.
How To Get Longer Eyelashes – Products, Enhancers and Conditioners
Various eyelash growth products are available in the market. While some are known as “eyelash food,” others are known as “eyelash enhancer” or “eyelash conditioner.” No matter which one you choose to use, make sure it is approved by the right kind of authorities because eyes are delicate and you must apply products which are not harmful. These products are applied along the eyelash line for stimulating the growth of eyelashes so that you get longer eyelashes. Some such products are:
- Latisse, which contains an active ingredient named bimatoprost that works as an eyelash booster.
- Rapidlash Eyelash and Eyebrow Enhancing Serum, which contains vitamins, minerals, proteins and antioxidants to help grow long eyelashes.
- Lilash, which contains components like lupinus albus seed extract, panthenol, glycerin, colloidal silver and silica for strengthening eyelashes and make them grow.
- Revitalash, which takes care of brittle and weak lashes and promotes growth of long lashes.
- Lashfood, which is known to be a natural eyelash conditioner to grow long eyelashes.
- Vichy Liftactiv Serum Eyes and Lash – Claims to be a dual-powered eyes and lashes serum that can improve the appearance of crow’s feet, under-eye wrinkles and visibly fortifies and conditions eyelashes.
- Shiseido Full Lash Serum – Claims to be a high-performance serum for elegantly long, thick-looking lashes and visibly full brows. With its hydrating formula helps prevent lashes and brows from looking sparse, short and thin. Eyelashes and eyebrows appear fuller, healthier and rich with shine.
- Kiko Milano Night Treatment Booster – Claims to be a gel lash lengthener night treatment.
- Sesderma Selash Lash and Eyebrow Booster – – Claims that serum contained in lipid bubbles allow to transport the active ingredients straight to the root of the lashes.
- Pronexa Hairgenics Lavish Lash – Claims to have botanically-derived compounds that penetrate hair follicles to stimulate lash and brow growth which in turn fortifies the eyelashes and brows to noticeably lengthen and thicken them. Lavish Lash is made with only the highest quality ingredients.
- Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For Turbo Nighttime Eyelash Treatment – Claims to have peptide-based nighttime eyelash treatment that helps to dramatically enhance the appearance of natural lash length, thickness, density and fullness when applied along the lash line.
- Diorshow Maximizer 3D Triple Volume Plumping Lash Primer – Claims to be lash primer with an air-pumped texture that coats each lash with a dense, lightweight layer to intensify the effects of the mascara. What it does: Enriched with Pure WhiteTM complex, this primer reveals the optimal color and intensity of lashes.
- By Terry Terrybly Growth Booster Mascara – Claims to have a groundbreaking combination of volumizing mascara and serum. Infused with hyaluronic acid, which moisturizes lashes, plant proteins, rich in nutrients, and collagen, which repairs and protects your eyelashes, this lengthening mascara features a restructuring formula.
There are many other products like these ones. Each one has its own directions for usage and it is desired that you go through the instructions properly. Moreover, you should have a talk with your physician before you choose to use them. Most of them need to be used daily. While these eyelash growth products are affordable and effective, they might have side effects like irritation of eyes. So, ask your physician before using them.
How To Get Longer Eyelashes: Eyelash Extensions
Eyelash extensions give a fresh and luxuriant look to your eyes. They became popular in the 1990s, and many a celebrity uses them for longer eyelashes. Eyelash extensions are applied by professionals at reputed salons. Since this is not a medical procedure, it can be done in salons. The procedure takes sometime because you need to wait till the new lashes bond with your own eyelashes properly. The effect can last for a few months.
How To Get Longer Eyelashes: Eyelash Transplant
Eyelash transplants are very much in vogue these days. It is often considered to be a safe procedure and very effective. You can go for either reconstructive eyelash transplantation or esthetic eyelash transplantation, depending upon the reason for which you want to get long eyelashes. The client (patient) is subjected to local anesthesia during the procedure and this can take from one to three hours’ time. Moreover, there can be complications like swelling of the operated area, infection of the eyelids, scarring and such others. You should go to a reputed surgeon for this procedure and make sure that you talk to him or her about whatever question you have regarding the various aspects of eyelash transplants.
How To Get Longer Eyelashes: Home Remedies
Enough of medications, anesthesia and cosmetic treatments! Let’s now find out what the reservoir of our very own home remedies can do to our eyelashes. It is best if you use these remedies after you clean your eyes of any makeup product like eyeliner and mascara. Moreover, you must take care that the products you use shouldn’t enter your eyes and must only be restricted to your lashes. Moreover, you should be patient as they take time to show results.
Here are a few things you can do at the convenience of your home if you want to get longer eyelashes:
- Apply some petroleum jelly on your eyelashes. This can be done three times a week.
- Apply olive oil on your eyelashes before you go to bed. Leave it overnight and remove the oil next morning. Alternately, you can soak some lemon peels in olive oil for a few days and use this mixture on your lashes to promote healthy and long lashes.
- You can also mix castor oil with olive oil and apply it regularly to promote growth of lashes.
- Apply on your eyelashes some cool green tea, to which you have not added any sugar.
- Go for a gentle eyelid massage once in a while.
- Ask your doctor for the right kind of vitamin oil for your lashes and you can apply this oil on your lashes to get longer eyelashes.
Here are some more tips to Grow Eyelashes Naturally.
How To Get Longer Eyelashes: Diet
The right kind of diet facilitates the process of eyelash growth, if you can pair it with other treatments. Though it can do nothing only by itself, it acts as a catalyst when used with other processes. Eat high-protein food items like chicken, fish, soy, meat and tofu. For vitamins, take in eggs, citrus fruits, tomatoes and fish oil. Have green leafy vegetables as well as orange and yellow fruits and vegetables. Eat whole grains, green peppers, dairy products, legumes and nuts.
How To Get Longer Eyelashes: Makeup Tips and Tricks
The makeup tips and tricks can take care of your purpose temporarily by creating an illusion of longer eyelashes. Here are a few ideas:
- Invest in false eyelashes to offer a dramatic look to your eyes. You can either go for band eyelashes or individual eyelashes.
- Use an eyelash curler to give the lashes a fuller look. This trick works if you do not have excessively small lashes.
- Invest in the right kind of mascara and sweep two or three coats over your lashes. With this, the lashes look fuller and longer.
Here’s a list of 11 more tips to grow eyelashes longer and thicker.