Aww! People still think you have baby fat on your face?! It’s not a compliment anymore. Baby fat is a serious cause of concern and should never be taken lightly. Having puppy fat or baby fat on the face is not unusual; however, a lot of women desire a slim face. This post will tell you about the ways of how you can get rid of this puppy fat and get a more toned look.
1. Eat a healthy diet: You might have heard it a zillion times, but seriously, having a control on diet, cutting out all exogenous sugar intake, reducing salt consumption all will help you shed fat from not only the face but also from all over the body. Processed food, aerated drinks are all bad stuff if you seriously want to take off all that fat from the face. You must indulge in high protein and low carb meals as heavily refined carbs play a significant role in increased fat storage. These carbs come deeply processed and get devoid of all essential nutrients leaving behind only sugar and unnecessary calories. Also, eating food in smaller proportions and replacing high-fat foods with healthier options, will help you lose weight in your overall body, thereby reducing baby fat from your face.
2. Indulge in a good workout routine: Yes, you heard it right! There’s never a correct time to exercise. Go to some gym and use machine weights, dumbbells, or even your own body weight to keep up your body’s lean muscle tissue. Once you start building muscles on your body, including your face, the more easily you will burn face fat. This will also boost your metabolism and keep your weight gain under control. Half an hour of brisk walking will also help you lose weight
3. Do facial exercises: Facial exercises can help to tone your facial muscles and in turn can give your face a slimmer appearance. There are different facial exercises that can help you to get rid of baby fat from face. Some of them are chewing gums which helps to strengthen the jaw, repeating the “X-O” exercise fifteen times each in 3 sets, doing the cheek lift exercise by lifting your cheeks as close to the eyes as possible, making fish lips by puckering out your top and bottom lips, making puffy cheeks with pursed lips and last but not the least never to stop smiling as it also helps to tone your facial muscles.
4. Drink plenty of water: Keeping yourself hydrated is really important to stay beautiful and glowing. If you are looking forward to reduce facial bloating, then you must never ignore your water consumption intake. Drinking water can decrease calorie intake and temporarily increases metabolism. It may also reduce fluid retention to prevent bloating and prevents puffiness of the face.
5. Eating calcium-rich foods: Do you know that eating calcium rich foods and sticking more to dairy products like milk and yoghurt can actually help you to lose baby fat? These help to reduce the water retention capacity from the face so you won’t end up having puffy cheeks.
6. Cut down your sodium and sugar intake: The most visible effects of excess sugar and sodium intake is unwanted bloating which results in extra weight gain. Sodium has ability to store water, resulting in fluid retention. In order to reduce facial puffing and swelling, you must consider reducing your intake of sodium. We know that it is not entirely possible to give up on salt and sugary items, but you can definitely cut down on the consumed amounts. Instead of salt intakes, rely more on lean meals. Also, instead of snacking on cookies or cakes, try to eat natural sugars from fruits like a ripened mango or banana. This in turn will slowly help you to get a slimmer face without much.
7. Avoid alcohol consumption: You must avoid alcohol intake under all circumstances. Alcohol adds puffiness and flab to your cheeks, and also lower your energy levels. Drinking alcohol can make you dehydrated, which can lead to water retention and facial puffiness. Alcohol is high in calories and low in nutrients, so it is highly associated with chances of weight gain. Hence, keeping a check on your alcohol consumption shall inevitably help to bring down facial bloating.
8. Adequate amount of sleep: Do you know that monitoring your sleep schedule can help you lose facial fat? Sleep deprivation can cause an increase in levels of cortisol, a stress hormone that increases chances of weight gain and food intake. You must get at least 8 hours of sleep daily, otherwise, it will definitely indulge with your body functioning. Thereby, increasing your sleep duration can help you lose facial fat easily.
9. Get steam facial done: This might sound strange but steam can actually help improve the tone and shape of your face. This happens because steam causes your pores to open, releasing sweat and trapped toxins. Evidently, this also reduces bloating on the face by reducing the water retention capacity. This method will only work if you keep yourself hydrated thoroughly throughout the day. Soak in a clean towel with hot water and before placing it on your face, make sure the temperature is right so you don’t hurt your face due to the heat. Repeat it twice a day for 10 minutes.
10. Indulge in occasional face massages: Face massages are the most popular technique to lower fat on the cheeks, and to tone the rest of the face. In this process, excess water retention in the face is alleviated by promoting circulation and draining the accumulated fluid. You can apply a good carrier oil on your face like argan or lavender oil and then gently following by rubbing your face with flat palms in a circular motion. Do this for 20 minutes twice a week to tone your face and get of baby fat.
Summarizing the steps that we have listed above, in order to get rid of the unwanted baby fat, the first and foremost thing is to indulge in a healthy diet and workout routine. In addition to this, you can also perform facial exercises, limit alcohol intake, and monitor your sleep schedule to keep things under balance. As additional remedies, facial massages and steam facials are also known to work for removing baby fat. Now that you are well aware of the steps, we hope you will incorporate them in your routine and get a slimmer face look. Best of luck!