Hiya Everyone. 🙂
I spent 4-5 hours cleaning/editing my wardrobe yesterday. I am yet to finish up doing my complete wardrobe but I have been able to sort out my shoes, accessories, bottoms and tops. It feels so awesome, I have no words to explain. 😛 So I thought I’d share some tips on ‘how to spring clean your wardrobe’. Hope you find these tips useful. 🙂
- Let go of the clothes that you have not worn in past 6-7 months. If you have not worn them in such a long thime, it is highly probable that you won’t wear them in the long run as well.
- Let go of clothes that are either too small or too big for you. Especially in my case I had stocked up on so many big sizes because I was scared that I would need them if I put on weight again. Honestly, I dont think I am going to let that happen to me again. 😛 Just stocking up a ton of wrong sizes in your wardrobe would only create chaos and confusion.
- Let go of clothes that may have developed holes or have been damaged – no matter how much you love those pieces.
- Color co-ordinate your wardrobe. I find that tip super useful.
- Fold / roll and stack your daily wear tees on the shelves. They really don’t need to be hung on the hangers.
- Get your woolen clothes dry cleaned / washed and stack them away in big suit cases or bed boxes. Throw some naphthalene balls / air freshners. This way you would have only those clothes in your wardrobe that are to be worn during that season. No chaos. 😛
So these are my quick tips. If you have more of them , please share them in the comments below. 🙂