WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I love collecting eye pencils. I therefore end up buying several shades from different brands and stocking them up in my fridge:D My eye pencils thus never seem to get over because I keep rotating amongst so many of them depending on my mood, occasion, dress and makeup. I have more or less stopped using liquid eyeliner now partly because I no longer like the harsh/well defined line that it creates and partly because the bottle always dries up much before I have used up the whole product. Even though I would rank Chambor and Color Bar as far superior to Lakme when it comes to eye pencils in almost the same price range, still I feel that the Lakme ones are worth a try. Today I would be sharing with you my experience with Lakme Nine to Five Eye Pencils.
What it claims: A color intense formula, with beautiful soft-color effects that will not budge even in the evening. This eyeliner glides on smoothly and easily, for a well-defined look that lasts all day.
Where Lakme Nine to five Defining Eyeliner scores:
● It glides on smooth and easy without tugging on the delicate eye area.
● It is retractable so need of the hassle of sharpening. Besides, I find that the tip remains slim enough (though not pointed) even after several swipes which means I can experiment and play around a lot with it depending on whether I want a thin or a thick line.
● Very convenient to use and the colour is buildable. I have created intense/light/single-winged/double -winged looks for my eyes using these.
● I have used it on my lower lash line too (though never on the waterline) and it does not sting.
● Fragrance free
● Decent pigmentation. Black and Sapphire go on completely matte. Jade and Slate are somewhat glossy. Purple is smokey and has silver shimmer to it. This one is also the prettiest of the lot.
● It indeed stays put on my eyes from nine in the morning to five in the evening.
● Does not smudge.
Where Lakme Nine to five Defining Eyeliner loses:
● Variations exist even amongst all the pencils within the same range. Whereas Sapphire is more sturdy, Jade is very very creamy so it sometimes (though not very often) breaks each time I forget the “take-out-only-half an inch-pencil” rule.
● Even though the pigmentation is pretty decent I do find myself going over my lid a few times. This is perhaps because the texture is too creamy and soft so more product is required. It could also be because I always like thicker lines.
● These are retractable hence the issue of hygiene always exists.
● On days when I intend to draw a thick line, I have to prime my eyes else there is always some product deposit just below my eyebrows due to blinking!!!
● Even though the Jade shade is easy to remove, Sapphire requires quite a few attempts at removal.
● They are so creamy that they finish off very very soon!
Verdict: Finally, one Lakme product that I do not regret buying ! 😛
Would you purchase again? Definitely Yes. The Sapphire shade has replaced my on-the- go traditional black pencil.