WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lakme Nine to Five Flawless Makeup/ Lakme Nine to Five Liquid Foundation
Price: Rs 395
Available in 4 Shades: Pearl (For Fair Complexion) , Marble ( For Fair to Wheatish Complexion) , Shell ( For Wheatish Complexion) , Coral (For Wheatish to Dusky Complexion)
What does Lakme Nine to Five Flawless Makeup promise?
A high performance foundation that keeps you looking flawless through the day. The long-lasting finish formula does not smudge or streak. It leaves skin feeling comfortable and supple for hours.
Why should you buy Lakme Nine to Five Flawless Makeup?
- It does not streak or smudge.
- It is long lasting and waterproof. Once I wore it for a girl’s day out and then had to leave for an evening get together. My base makeup was as it is . All I had to do was add some blush and highlighter on my face to up do my look.
- Gives a heavy coverage and can work great as a concealer as well.
- Is buildable.
- Does not dry my skin.
- Is best for people who have oily or combination skin.
- The high powder concentration in this foundation gives you a mattish finish on your face.
- Comes with a pump. Absolutely non messy.
- Sleek packaging. Easier to carry along.
Why should you NOT buy Lakme Nine to Five Flawless Makeup?
- The foundation might look cakey, if you are not adept at applying foundation. In short, not for beginners.
- I saw dry patches around my nose after its application. 🙁
- If you are looking for a dewy finish, this foundation is not for you.
- No SPF
How to apply Lakme Nine to Five Flawless Makeup?
This foundation is quite tricky to apply. DO NOT apply it either with finger tips or foundation brush. Apply it with a damp sponge. Dot foundation on your face and next and lightly blend the foundation in a downward direction from hairline to neckline. it using a damp sponge. I also noticed dry flakes around my nose after I applied the foundation. To combat that, I apply a dilute solution of glycerin and water around my nose after I am done with my base makeup (concealer+foundation + powder). Voila! no dry patches after that. 🙂 The real glow of the foundation comes after 5-7 minutes of application. It smooths and evens out the skin tone pretty well.
Will I but Lakme Nine to Five Flawless Makeup again?
Honestly, I am not dissatisfied with the product at all. It is a good product especially for people who are looking to hide their acne scars or blemishes. It is also an excellent evening or nighttime foundation. I might repurchase it.
UPDATE –10th December, 2009: After reviewing this foundation, I have had a horrible experience with it after a few days. You can read my experience here.
So gurlies, have you used any Lakme foundation so far?