Lakme Fantasy Collection Gold Dust Shimmer Bronzer Review, Swatch, FOTD
Claims : Be born again as an enchantress. This pure-pressed bronzing powder kissed with a golden shimmer blends beautifully to flatter any skin tone. Sweep it once all over your face or body and enjoy a glamorous glow that’s straight out of a fairytale.
Price : Rs 450
There is a gold fairy dust kind of over spray on the bronzer (mainly on the sides ) when it comes brand new. It looks loaded with shimmer then. Just take a brush and dust off the shimmer. (see sides of the bronzer loaded with shimmer in pic below)
But since the bronzer is THE “Shimmer Bronzer” , don’t expect it to be matte or even anywhere near to it. . A pretty obvious gold shimmer is embedded all over the bronzer. (see pic below)
There are three shades in the bronzer , which you can use separately or together as one.
Swatches :(l-r) light, medium, dark
And here is the swatch of all three shades swiped together.
What I like about Lakme Gold Dust Shimmer Bronzer :
- There are three shades in the bronzer so a single bronzer will work for people with various skin tones. I feel it works the best when all three shades are swirled together.
- It gives a gorgeous “golden goddess” look to your cheeks. Excellent especially for evenings.
- I found the staying power to be pretty good. It stayed on my cheeks almost as-it-is for around 5 and half hours (this includes staying in ac, going out in sun etc. and I tested it a few times only with foundation as a base without applying a primer underneath.) .After that the bronzer started to fade out but the shimmer was still maintaining the glow on my face.
- More than the face I feel it works excellent for decolletage, neck, arms, back etc. Infact, I am getting obsessed with applying it on my decolletage, especially.
- The powder is quite soft and easy to work with. Well the negative of the same thing is that it flies a lot when you swirl your brush on it. It’s like fairy dust flying all around you. 😛
What I don’t like about Lakme Gold Dust Shimmer Bronzer :
- The shimmer is quite obvious. It’s not the gold sheen.. it’s the obvious fine gold particles embedded in the bronzer. A bronzer such as this should be reserved specially for evening outs or parties. It would look pretty OTT during the day, imo.
- If you have large pores, I would say that you stay away from it. The shimmers are such that they would only make your pores look big.
- You have to be very careful while bronzing your forehead with this bronzer. The shimmer particles end up falling on your cheeks and they are so hard to take off. Just make sure that your face is nicely powdered so that you can just off any shimmer particles later on.
Overall I feel this bronzer would be totally based on how you prefer your makeup to be. If you don’t like the gold particles to be seen on your face, I’d say skip. If you don’t mind a hint of shimmer seen on your face, you can totally go for it. The base colours itself are so gorgeous and the sheen it so very pretty. I would say that you apply this bronzer light handedly using a very soft angled blush brush . . This way you’d be able to get more colour on your cheeks than the shimmer itself.
And this is how it looks on me.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-* :-* + 0.5
And this is how I have bronzed my skin. :
Also Read :
Lakme Fantasy Collection Photos, Info
Lakme Fantasy Collection : Poll
Lakme Fantasy Collection Spring 2011 Announcement
Lakme Fantasy Collection Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick Photos, Swatches
Lakme Fantasy Collection Eye Quartet Botanica Photos, Swatches
Lakme Gold Dust Shimmer Bronzer Photos, Swatches
Lakme Fantasy Collection Shimmer Liner Photos, Swatches
Lakme Fantasy Collection Lipstick Photos, Swatches
Lakme Fantasy Collection Lipstick Review, Photos, FOTD
Lakme Fantasy Collection Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick, Shimmer Liner Pics
product sent by brand for consideration