WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lakme Just Kissed Cheek and Lip Tint- Review
The first time I saw the Lakmé Cheek and Lip tint, I was skeptical. I could not imagine putting such a bright fuchsia colour on my cheeks or lips. It claimed to transform into the colour in which you naturally blushed. I could not visualize that colour at all by looking at it. But then I heard some great reviews of it from many people. Rati also enquired about it and confirmed that it would suit all skin tones. So I finally went ahead and bought it.
This one is another cute little product from Lakmé Bridal sutra range. It is a small lip glass type of tube. It costs Rs. 210/- (Indian Rupees) for 9 ml.
The packaging is cute and bore the following information-
- A revolutionary translucent gel that works with your personal skin’s chemistry.
- Transforms from a silky gel into the shade you blush naturally.
- For cheeks and lips.
- One shade suits all.
How to use:
- Dot product along cheekbones and blend with light finger strokes.
- For lips squeeze and apply directly with brush.
Aqua, Carbomer, Panthenol, and Approved colour.
The shelf life is 2 yrs. I am gonna use it up in less than six months. I like this product quite a lot. This is the first tint blush I have ever used. Here are some things about it which I absolutely love:-
- It’s intensely pigmented. You need a very small amount to cover your entire cheekbones. See pictures below-
- The gel has absolutely no texture after blending. It just leaves a wonderful stain behind.
- No shimmers, no shine, just an intense flush.
- I reach out for this more than any other blush.
- It lasts really long. In fact, it lasts till I wash it off. The intensity of colour does not diminish even after 4-5 hrs of application.
- No smell of any kind. You will forget that you are wearing anything on your cheeks at all.
- It is highly buildable. You can go from subtle flush to dramatic colour as per your choice.
- It looks very natural. The first time I wore it, my boyfriend asked me why I have been waiting for him out in the sun. 😀
- It is very decently priced.
- Despite of being so intensely coloured, it can be easily removed with cleansing milk.
- Did not cause any irritation or break-outs.
- Any blush looks great if I layer it onto this tint. Also my cheeks never go bare.
- It can be applied below or on top of base makeup. It shows through foundation of any kind.
- Although it will last longest if applied directly on the bare skin.
There are plenty of things which go against this product too.
- The brush that is there at the tip is absolutely useless. It is printed on the carton that it is for lips only. But it does not spread the product well onto the lips.
- I would have preferred it to be exactly like a lip gloss tip.
- This product can be used only with the fingers.
- The directions to use are completely misleading. If you dot this product on your cheeks, you will see the spots where you dotted it even after blending.
- You have to squeeze out the gel onto your index and middle finger and blend it as fast as you can. Same technique works for the lips. If you spend more than 10 sec. for blending, all you will see is a splotchy patch of colour.
- You can easily go overboard with this. The colour deepens after 2-3 minutes of application .So use a little amount at first and wait for 5 min before reapplication.
- I looked like a clown for the first few times till I got the hang of it.
- I personally don’t like to use it on lips. It deepens a lot on the lower lip, than the upper. And I mostly end up looking like “Just stung” rather than “Just Kissed”.
- It highlights any spots or pimples as it gets lodged in and reddens them more. If you don’t have a clear skin, apply concealer onto the spots and then apply this product.
- I have to clean my hands every time I use it. It leaves my fingertips blushing too.
- Though one shade does suit all, I would have loved to get one in bronze-brown shade.
All in all, I love this product. It has no use as a lip tint. I look at it as a tint blush only. It needs a little getting used to. But once you do, you’ll love it.
Here I am, wearing absolutely no makeup except for this cheek and lip tint. It’s my must have for the no makeup look. I have applied it a little more generously than I would normally do for the photograph.
Have you used Lakmé ‘Just kissed’ Cheek and Lip tint? I would love to hear your experience with it…..
Until next time…