Lancome – La Laque Fever in Spot Pink
As everybody here knows, I got this gloss as a gift from my sister recently. You would have already seen the swatches and here is the review for all who are waiting to read this one. Lancome is my favorite brand when it comes to perfumes and lip gloss. Also I love their eye shadows though I am not a pro in eye make up. My sis had a lip gloss from Lancome, which I loved to the core. Since they have discontinued that, the SA has suggested Lancome La Laque Fever as the replacement for it.
“Revolution in shine. High Potency color. Lacquered lips last for eight hours.”
For the first time at Lancôme, an elixir of vibrant concentrated color and unprecedented shine in one gliding stroke. From the moment of application, densely pixilated pearls combined with unique polymers give multi-dimensional shine that truly holds to your lips: no touch ups for 8 hours.
New soft-sculpt applicator smoothly polishes and precisely designs fuller lips in a perfectly even layer for sensual impeccable contours.”
Also guys please watch the application video here -as this review has few comparison with this video.
I really loved it so hope you all like it too 🙂
I hardly use any bold colors, in fact I don’t use lipsticks for the fact that the color would be very obvious or bold on my lips without the glossy finish and have always felt that would make me look like a clown. This is one reason I have never tried reds on my lips. So I am a lip gloss freak and this is another one in my favorites collection.
It costs USD 26.50 and I have got the shade “Spot Pink” as my sis knows I prefer pinks and nudes for my lips. Another favourite shade would be “Electric Pink” and I guess the model in the Lancome video is wearing this shade. I am not sure about this it is just my wild guess. 🙂 The look and finish of the gloss is almost similar to the one in the video.
What I like about the Lancome La Laque Fever?
- The gloss is not very sticky or I can even say it is not at all sticky!!!!!!! I feel very comfortable wearing this on my lips. Unlike other gloss this doesn’t remind me that I am wearing a gloss at all.
- The applicator is really comfortable to use. It takes a little amount for the first swipe and if you need a bright color you can go for another coat.
- The packaging is very cute, neat and professional and lid stays intact as well. So I carry this with me without worrying about any mess that this might cause to my bag.
- A variety of colors available to choose from Browns, Pinks and Reds.
- Available in any Lancome store.
- The smell is yummy. Trust me it smells exactly like a fruit jam and I could not resist licking it. Some times I just keep smelling it before I actually apply it on my lips.
- It has a light shimmer and I am a person who like mild shimmer in almost all my products like gloss, eye shadow and what not. So I really love this one for the shimmer.
- Color pay off is good and I really like the shade “Spot Pink”.
- Easy to be carried around.
- I think it is worth the price, also considering the fact that it is a luxury brand.
- Does not leave my lips dry as long as it stays on my lips and even after that. This would be the main quality I will expect from any lip color. So I am really glad I found a gloss of that sort. At last!!!!!
- When the color goes even the glitter goes and this has never left my lips looking weird with just the shimmer.
What I don’t like about Lancome – La Laque Fever?
- The applicator should be taken out carefully as it gets stuck due to the bent shape of the applicator. For the first time when I pulled it out forcefully the gloss got rubbed around the tube’s mouth.
- The color lasts for 3-4 hours max and not 8 hours as they claim. I didn’t expect lasting power more than this for a gloss but wonder why they promised 8 hours lasting time!!!!!!
- To get a bright or bold color I have to apply 2-3 coats actually. Though I don’t complain about this fact, I doubt how long the tube will last if I apply so many coats each and every time.
My Rating – 4/5
Would I Repurchase – Yes. But a different shade [“ Lancome – La Laque Fever Electric Pink” might be] or I might even try a different gloss from Lancome.