A lady all decked up, looking gorgeous with hair flying in the air and having Sarvoski, got down a car and walked towards my table, I completely loved her attire, make up and aura…but wait, one thing and ‘spat,’ I was shocked. Pigmented Lips, is something I noticed last night when I went for a good family dinner.
I got back home, checked my lips and heaved a sigh of relief….but then being a “Curious case of Zeeba”, I googled. And darn, got to know so much about lip pigmentation.
First let me brief you on lip pigmentation, or pigmentation in general. Pigmentation is generally, skin darkening or lightening. The lips suffer from Melasma in particular. Melasma is generally prevalent and seen with the Asian skin types. It gives grey, brown and even black spots over the body, and black and grey lips, is something which needs urgent treatment and care.:) Lip pigmentation can be genetic too.
Home Remedies for Curing Pigmented Lips
• Eat plenty of green vegetables, fruits containing vitamins and have lots and lots of water because it provides hydration to the lips.
• Honey and glycerin works as best moisturizing agents so you can apply thick coat of it in the night that will protect your skin from getting dried.
• You can also prepare Neem paste or aloe Vera paste and simply apply it on your lips and let it work over night to revitalize your lips.
• Rubbing cucumber to your gives you quick relief from your chapped skin.
• Application of lime juice on your lips helps to maintain the natural color of your lips and keeps your lips shining and soft.
• Apply a combination of wheat germ oil, tomato juice, water cress, spinach juice and water cress because it helps you to have beautiful pink lips.
• If you are in an urge to have beautiful red lips then crush red rose petals and apply the juice to your lips. Petals are able to provide natural red color to your lips.
• Use beeswax or beeswax contained lipbalms and tints. Beeswax generally protects seals and moisturizes the lips. 🙂
• Cocoa butter, I think Elle 18 bombs lip glosses and lipsticks as soon as I read cocoa butter. It’s an antioxidant, hence softens and protects the lips.
• Vitamin C intake is also essential for getting rid of lip pigmentation.
• Drink a lot of water, this keeps the lips hydrated.
• Mix lemon juice, glycerin and honey and apply it on your lips before going to bed. Or apply a butter tint before going to bed.
• Give your lips a yogurt massage every morning, or a malai massage could also do.
• Rub a piece of papaya on your lips to reduce pigmentation.
• Take a cotton ball, and dab some apple cider vinegar on it and apply it on your lips like twice a day.
• Scrub off your lips every morning with your toothbrush every morning. (I do it, religiously).
• Also you can apply your regular toothpaste on your lips just a few minutes before brushing and loaf around the house. 😛
• Apply “CASTOR” oil on your lips before going to bed.
• Reduce caffeine consumption. (Ahh kill me before that) No coffees and teas.
• No smoking 😛 Nicotine cause lip discoloration.
• Drink milk. Lactic acid has whitening properties and it also paces up the dead cell removal process.
• Chlorinated water could also be responsible for pigmented lips.
• Olive oil and peanut oil massages are great for pigmented lips.
• Rub a piece of beetroot on your lips before going to sleep.
• Lemon juice mixed with almond oil serves as a great lubricant and reduces pigementation.
Some Cosmetic Remedies to Keep Your Lips Healthy and Beautiful
• Do make a habit of applying sunscreen lotion on your lips so that UV rays do not harm your lips and keeps them healthy.
• Applying a hydroquinone (it’s a skin lightener) contained cream on the lips reduces pigmentation.
• Lip balm comes as a great rescue to heal dry and chapped lips. Carry a good quality lip balm always and apply it several times during the day.
• Lip Gloss not only moisturizes your lips but also makes it appear beautiful.
• Always remove your lipstick with a good cleanser before going off to bed.
• Do exfoliate your lips at times because it helps in removing the dead skin and leaves it soft and healthy.
• If you use lipsticks regularly then apply lipsticks containing Vitamin E because it prevents your skin from drying.
• Prevent drying of lips use lip balm before this situation arrives.
• Kojic acid, which is a mushroom extraction, helps in reducing lip pigmentation. Use lip products containing Koijic acid.
• Topical retinoid contained creams and balms are also used to reduce lip pigmentation.
• A laser treatment is the current “in” treatment for pigmentation.
• Cosmetics and prolonged abuse of cosmetics also causes lip pigmentation, hence use quality make up.
Hair Dandruff: Home Remedies and Treatment
Eye Care – Ways To Reduce Stress On Eyes
How to Use Pigments
60 thoughts on “Lip Pigmentation- Remedies for Pigmented Lips”
Earlier I used to think that my lips were pigmented..but actually they were never normally moisturized and used to remain cracked always, because of which I felt that way. Since using lip spa therapy from oriflame, my lips have recovered from the cracks and they no longer seem to be pigmented anymore now!! :))…Very very nice article Zeeba.. :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo:
thanks Cali……. n the oriflame spa is gooood.. 🙂
Thanks Scarellette…hence i capitalized the word CASTOR..since all of us love it here.. lol :waytogo: :waytogo:
Zeeba I have dual tones lips…..:((
though they are perfectly misturized I do have pigmented lips….these are going to help me big time
thanx and love you for posting this :-*
welcome Jinal…. :hughright: :hughright: :hughright:
great tips, thanx for sharing 🙂
Welcome ABi. O:) O:)
How can I ever forget!!!!
Once I was in a beauty parlour and wanted to purchase some lip pencils.The assistant asked”DO you want brown lip pencil?”……to which the owner replied”Dont give her brown …that toh is the color of her lips!” 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 :hunterwali:
Hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :shout: :shout: :shout:
Me shocked shocked shocked….440 volts ka jhatka……I used to think I hav gulabi gulabi hoth……
Anyways now I have started taking care of my lips…pigmentation also is reducing…. :))
how rude is dat…. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
its ok.evryone has pigmented lips sometime or other,,,u can always cure them.. dnt worryyy :highfive: :highfive: :hugleft: :hugleft: :hugleft: :hugleft: :hugleft: :hugleft: :hugleft: :hugleft: :hugleft:
I swear :spank: …but it was like an eye opener…. 🙂 N now my lips are becoming better
YAa thankies… :-* :-*
can we use sunscreen on lips too ? ?:) ?:)
instead of rubbing peanut oil, hw at eating peanut chikkis :headbang: :headbang: am hungry……………. it’s past lunch time :waiting: :waiting:
lol..u get special sunscreens for lips..and lip products wid sunscreen..peanut chikkis..lol…. .u cn do dat.. 😛
no i mean seriously dnt do dat.. hhahahhaaa :yelo: :yelo:
MAny lip balms contain SPF…use that
me too hv pigmented lips since ages… they r moisturized n everythin… still hv em …
lotsa colors dont even show up on bcoz of tht….ugggh !!!!!!! :X :X :X
try some of these remedies Rids..I am sure…..pigmentation will reduce if dsnt disappear completely. 🙂 :can: :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:
nice….. my lips have become 2 coloured off late…. time to use zeeba’s remedies!
please try them..they should work.. 🙂 :idk: :idk:
very informative and useful article Zeeba! i don’t have pigmented lips but suffered from cuts/chapping only at the corners of the mouth some time back cos of slight vitamin deficiency and cold weather. when ithealed, that area instead of recovering a skin color now has my lip color, so my lip line looks extended now 🙁 i hope these remedies work for that!
ohh ..I am sure some of tips will help u.. 🙂 try’em
castor oil works for everything, doesnt it? From eyes to lips to skin! 🙂
yes it does do wonders:)
wow…. some of them i can really try :jiggy1: thank u zeeba…..
please try them Ramya I am sure they will work 🙂 :waytogo: :waytogo:
Right now I use a lip balm with SPF…and every night I use desi ghee o n my lips…this has helped reduce pigmentation…sometimes I use fresh aloe vera gel also…it gets absorbed in no time :yes:
even I use Butter at times.
hi zeeba nice post….yes i also scrub my lips daily with toothbrush….RELIGIOUSLY…..and i have started using quality makeup…..(read only mac lipsticks fr me) :yelo:
btw plz anybody tell where can i get apple cider vinegar in noida……plz help….
u cn get it in an grocery…I mean any nice supermarket tooo.
I TRIED ZEEBA…EVEN IN BIGBAZZAR…..NO BODY KNOWS WHATS THIS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR??
ohh..then u shud get it in local chinese spices wala shop…
me do not do anything for my lips other than biting them continuously!!!!! gggrrrrr… they’ll get pigmented soon!:( they were orange!! like fanta coloured lips and today i saw pale pink lips. 🙁
biting pigments lips the most…. 🙁
i knowww!!:( :tremble: :tremble: :tremble: :tremble: :tremble: :tremble: i am really trying to quit!!!:( i just sounded like a smoker to myself!:P :sweat: :sweat: :weep: :weep: :weep:
hahhahaahhahha.. :P……try try…. 🙂 till u succeed.. 🙂 :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: alll d best
😐 yeah.. :wilt: :wilt: :wilt: :wilt: :wilt:
Very informative…. me likey :d
thanks bee..:) :yahoo: :yahoo:
coffee is the second best thing that touches my lips , no way i am gonna leave coffee.. :yelo: :yelo: :yelo: :yelo: :yelo: :yelo: :yelo: :yelo: :yelo: :yelo: :yelo: :yelo:
i have nice pink pink lips ..*touches wood* :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
🙂 i knw….evn i cnt leave coffee….. 🙁 so i follow other thngs,,except dat :mean: :mean:
show offf hmmmmphhh
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
ikku , i cant see pics on ur blog , some twitter API password it is asking for ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) see noo ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:)
just cancel it.. it should be fine. i dunno why its acting so funny!:( i am sorry!!! like cancel cancel twice and it goes away. it comes everytime i refresh… will check again.. 🙂
nice 1 zeeba… :yes:
thanks bhumika. 🙂
Pretty helpful one Zeeba :thumbsup: ….will try on my upper lip which looks pigmented to me :struggle:
I can’t get any solution for making my lips pink… :silly: :pan: :silly: any body can help me 🙂
apply glycerin everynight on lips
it makes lips smooth
I really want to thank you for taking the time out and posting this article. I’m new here so pardon me 😀
I am a 21 yr old girl (just turned) and I have these purplish pigmented lips 🙁 I have a husky color and becoz of my lip color, I was too afraid to try out any lip tints as they look altogether a darker different shade 🙁
Ill for sure try your remedies but till then I have a cheat to achieve nice supple lips 😀
This is just to share with those who are as sick of thr dark lips as me 😛
On a exfoliated and moisturized lips, use a concealer of the same tone as ur face skin, and once it gets set, use the desired lip tint you want to use. As the concealer makes the base neutral, your lip tint wont compete with ur dark lips and give the same color as its suppose to. Use a gloss in the end.
Hope this helps 🙂
Thank u again
My lips had turned black in color.
My lips were pink in color when I was born
As because of excessive use of lipstick they turned into black color..
Now I feel embarrassed
I want some solutions which can turn my ugly lips into pink color again