Dandruff…as soon as I read this word anywhere or see it the first thing that comes to my mind is that stupid Asin & Shahid’s Clinic All Clear advertisement. It’s so dumb, and moreover Asin looks utterly stupid and ewww.
Dandruff supposedly happens when the silvery and shiny scales of skin separate from the head scalp and accumulate in the hair. Dandruff can even cause graver problems like skin infections if not treated properly and on time. It’s strictly not a COSMETIC problem.
Dandruff can be classified in two types:
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Oil dandruff is subjected to people with oily skin whereas dry dandruff is a result of dry skin. The treatment for dandruff must be determined in accordance with the type of dandruff.
Symptoms of Dandruff
• Falling Scalp scales
This is one of the most embarrassing and terrifying symptoms of dandruff. The scalp scales plummet as and when the hair are brushed and combed. These scalp scales tend to settle down on the clothes (typical dandruff adverts), shoulders, and sometimes eyebrows. Falling scalp scales is very common with people having dry dandruff.
Whereas the symptoms for dandruff scalp falls with the oily heads vary drastically. Oily headed people do not have scalp falls since the scales amalgamates with the sebum and settles on the scalp. This condition may be really tough to detect but is visible since the comb teeth evidently present it.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
• Irritation and inflammation of the scalp
This is very common for both, the oily headed people as well as the dry headed people and this leads to secondary infection of the scalp. This would further culminate into severe hair loss and other dandruff tribulations.
Here’s a quick tip for treating Irritation and inflammation temporarily if not permanently:
Dried and powdered Neem is the ultimate cure for irritation and inflammation of the scalp. All you need to do is dust powdered neem on the head. This powder profoundly absorbs all the excessive sebum and with its antibacterial properties it prevents infection.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
The dry headed people can add a few drops of tea tree oil and a spoon of olive oil in it which further more accentuates the antibacterial and antifungal properties of the neem. This mixture is bound to moisten the scalp and also reduce dandruff tribulations.
Causes of Dandruff
• Mutilation of health in general, wrong diet, inner toxic generation, reduced vitality, emotional instability, exhaustion, constipation and stress can also cause dandruff tribulations.
• Overuse of the products used for hair styling like the gels and the sprays. Frequent use of these products also causes the scalp to wither off.
• The weather also contributes greatly to the development of dandruff. Extreme heat or overwhelming cold can have the same effects on the scalp.
• A typical kind of fungus found thriving on the scalp can also cause dandruff. Although it is present in a very meager amount, if not taken care off can result into chronic dandruff tribulations.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
Now this has become my “signature” section and I so love it. I seriously love sharing home remedies with you all, so here I go yet again.
• Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds are the most sought after remedy for dandruff problems. Soak two spoons of fenugreek seeds overnight and grind them to form a paste. Apply this paste on the scalp and leave it for half an hour before hair wash. For best results wash your hair with Ritha. This works great for the dry heads and needs to be followed for at least two weeks continuously and on alternate days for the following two weeks. The remnant water of the seeds can be used as an after shower lotion which can be applied with cotton on the hair.
• Lemon: Juice out half a lemon which is approximately 2-2 and a half spoons and dilute it with the water of your last rinse. This not only leaves a refreshing smell in your hair, but also helps you get rid off the stickiness. This works great for the oily heads.
• Green grams: Powdered green gram is great for treating dandruff. Mix 2 tablespoons of powdered green gram in about a cup of curd and apply this paste on the hair twice a week.
• Beets: The roots and the tops of beet must be boiled in water and this solution must be massage into the hair scalp every night. Use a white beet particularly for this.
• Snake Gourd: The juice of snake gourd is used for the treatment and prevention of dandruff. The juice of snake gourd must be rubbed and massaged into the scalp. A dilution of snake gourd juice and beet juice works great for an effective dandruff treatment.
• Old fermented curd: Keep a cup of curd open for 3 days in an open space and mix few drops of lime juice and gooseberry with it. Apply this mixture in the scalp.
• Cider vinegar: Dilute water and cider vinegar in equivalent quantities and apply on the hair with cotton whilst shampooing. Add some cider vinegar in your last rinse water too.
• Olive oil: Massage with olive oil to prevent dried and flaked scalp. But this has to be done post shower.
• Baking soda: Mix a spoon of baking soda in a cup of water and dilute it. Post shampoos apply it on the hair and rinse off. Rinse with warm water to get rid of the soda traces and then rinse with cool water. This technique is also used to get rid of styling products thoroughly.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
Other ways for Treating Dandruff:
• Avoid the accretion of dead cells on the scalp.
• Keep the hair clean and washed. Massage regularly.
• Protect from extreme heat or cold with the help of scarves.
• Brush your hair regularly to improve the blood circulation and eradicate flakiness.
• Brush from the nape of the neck towards the top of the head this is supposedly the best way to get rid of flakes and dead cells.
• Avoid extremely hot water baths.
Diet also plays an important role in combating dandruff tribulations:
• Include fruits in your diet. Have three meals a day complete fruit diet at least for a week.
• Say no to citrus fruits
• Do not eat banana
• Avoid tinned or packaged fruits.
• Avoid dried and stewed food stuffs.
• Caffeine must be avoided
• Pickles are a complete “no”
• Processed, packed and refined foods must be omitted.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
I hope this post helps all the dandruff people. 🙂
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips