By Prajakta S.
I believe eyes are one of the most beautiful features of a woman and surely we like to highlight them in the best possible ways we can. Many of us may not have either the time or the expertise to indulge in eye makeup, so we make do with simply a kohl or an eyeliner. I can see that smile on your face while am telling you that I have found an eye makeup palette that could change this for you. No kidding! I can speak from my experience of using the Lorac Skinny Palette in Nude how much fun eye makeup can be if we have a single go-to palette. And if we can get such a thing without hurting our budget, what can be better than that. The Lorac Skinny Palette in Nude is an absolutely gorgeous palette and very easy to use, especially for beginners. It has a good spread of colors and finish that you can use whether for office wear or to create a smokey eye for a night out.
LORAC Skinny Palette in Nude comes in a very humble ivory colour packaging without any graphics on the pack. It has a magnetic flap closure as well as a small strip of mirror which can come in handy if you are heading out to dinner straight from office and want to transform that day look into night look. The only odd thing that I could notice regarding the packaging is that the shades do not have names written on the palette.
All of the eyeshadows have nice and smooth velvety texture that is so easy to apply and blend. As they are extremely soft, you have to be careful to not pick up too much of the product when using the brush. If you are using fingers, avoiding pressing into eyeshadow – a light swipe should give you a good amount to apply on eyelid at once.
All shades are well pigmented and buildable. I personally prefer a generous coat of either MAC Pro Concealer or any other sort of base so as to get maximum color payoff.
I have never tried using these without a base, but with a good base, they don’t budge for at least 4 hours.
This is a very versatile palette that can create from subtle everyday to gorgeous night look in warm tones. The colors as present in the palette, from left to right:
1. This is an extremely light ivory closer to white. This can be best used as a matte brow highlight or you can do a good overall wash of color with this.
2. This one is kind of coppery brown mixed with orange. It is a warm shade with a metallic finish. Very nice lid colour for festive look.
3. This is a beautiful matte medium brown, perfect for office wear.
4. I can best describe this as a muddy brown colour, much dark and good for crease.
5. This is a nice orange-toned copper, again a good festive colour for lid.
6. I find this one to be a frosty version of shade no.4, looks gorgeous on lids for night look.
7. This is a very deep chocolate colour with matte finish and is best used for outer “V” to create nice brown smokey eyes.
Pros of Lorac The Skinny Eyeshadow Palette in Nude:
- Smooth texture, even for metallic shades.
- Good pigmentation which is buildable without creasing.
- Good spread of matte and metallic shades.
Cons of Lorac The Skinny Eyeshadow Palette in Nude:
- No names for shades on the palette.
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to get started with eye makeup or wants to have a reasonably priced set of eye shadows that can be used on multiple occasions.
Lorac Pro Palette
Lorac Unzipped Palette
Lorac Pro 2 Eyeshadow Palette
Try Lorac Cobra Mascara For Mesmerizing Hypnotic Eyes!
Lorac Touch Up To Go Concealer/Foundation Pen
Lorac TANtalEYES Eyeshadow Palette – Baked Eyeshadow
Paul Mitchell Smoothing Super Skinny Serum
Paul Mitchell Smoothing Super Skinny Relaxing Balm
Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
Revlon Nude Elements Eyeshadow Palette
Essence Eyeshadow Palette – All About Nude
theBalm Nude tude Eyeshadow Palette
Colorbar Enchanting Trio Eye Shadow Palette: Seductively Nuede