As you all must be aware I am forever trying out foundations (In additions to lipsticks, which of course are my first love).
I have recently been hearing about the new L’oreal matte morphose foundation and was wanting to try it asap. The other day strolling through a SS (shoppers stop, for the uninitiated :smug:) I was ‘hello mamed’ by an SA who almost made me try the Morphose foundation. And am I thankful? You shall know shortly 😀
About the product:
L’oreal Matte morphose foundation
Metamorphose your make-up!
It’s feather-light soufflé texture extends seamlessly across the skin for a transformation you can see and feel.
Pores appear virtually erased, the appearance of fine lines are reduced and skin feels peachy-soft.
The site shows seven Morphose shades. However, the store had only 5. I purchased shade no 230 golden honey, which is not on the site!
My experience with the product:
L’oreal matte morphose is a souffle foundation which comes in a glass jar with a pinkish mauve lid of plastic.
There is a small lid below the screw lid, which is to prevent drying out I guess!!
What I liked about L’oreal Matte Morphose Foundation:
- The Morphose foundation is buttery smooth, glides on like silk and spreads very easily. I have used both Lakme souffle and Maybeliine dream matte mousse earlier but they were difficult to blend. This one blends like a dream.
- It’s like silk. Pure luxury!
- I apply it with my fingers as well as my foundation brush.
- On application, it gives a glow to my face, and a dewy look which soon settles down to look matte. And I love the effect.
- It does not break me out.
- It did not oxidise on me.
What I hate about L’oreal Matte Morphose Foundation
- I have noticed that my cheeks are still dewy after some time (maybe it’s the summers).
- Also, I need to mouisturise really well or it flakes a bit. And without moisturiser it also becomes cakey.
- I definitely need to set it with loose powder. (I use TBS )
- Glass bottle (my pet peeve).
- Expensive Rs 1095 INR for 20 ml (that’s less than MAC).
- If you overdo it may shine. So you need to set it with powder/compact.
This really lasts, around 6-7 hours in Mumbai ki garmi. At the end of the day, the look is as fresh I had worn in morning. On an outing on the weekend, it lasted for around 10 hours with one touch up after 6 hours.
Yes, I was thankful to the SA for showing it to me.
Will I repurchase..YES I only wish they increase the quantity to 30 ml.