WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
The day I used this product I was eager to share my experience with this foundation, I want to check is there any problem with the foundation or with my skin or with the way I apply??? So here the story starts.. Before a month ago I went to shoppers stop to buy the foundation and there were counters from L’oreal, Revlon, Lakme, Maybelline and Chambor. I was confirmed that I am not going to buy the foundation from Lakme. I was tentative about the Revlon and Maybelline. So I went to Revlon first and was looking at the products and there was L’oreal counter next to it with True Match Roll On Foundation on the display with the Aiswarya Rai’s big photo.. and as usual I got hypnotized by the attractive photo advertise and went to L’oreal counter to explore True Match Roll On Foundation.. The lady at the counter showed me three shades (she said only 3 shades are launched in India where as on L’oreal USA site there are many more shades). It’s cream foundation nothing atypical or extraordinary about that but the unusual and interesting thing is that the applicator which comes with this foundation, a sponge with the roller. It’s like junior version of the paint brush which comes with the Asian Paint and Nerolac Paint.. 🙂
L’oreal words for True Match Roll On Foundation: Discover new True Match Roll’on foundation from L’Oréal Paris. For ultra-even coverage, with no lines or streaks True Match Roll’on combines a high performance foundation with the first ever roller applicator. The unique applicator combined with the stretch formula leaves a sheer and even layer of foundation over the skin for a natural-looking, flawless result.
Price: I bought this foundation for 900 INR from Shoppers Stop.
Shades: The shades I have taken from L’oreal Paris (US) site. So here are the photos of mine L’oreal True Match Roll On Foundation. I am having C3/K3 Rose Beige. Packaging is quite nice, fairly muscular, lustrous and compact. On the left side of the case there is a cream foundation and on the right is the sponge roller.. Don’t stare this or else it will hypnotize you also… Here is the applicator: The size of the roller is not too small, it’s easy to hold and it’s well designed sponge with the plastic handle. Here we go.. Rolling it on crème foundation to get the product on the roller.. If you see carefully there seems to be more product on the edges then that the centre of the roller There’s a problem when you try and get the product on the sponge – you have to press down pretty hard to get the foundation on your sponge. It takes a good few rolls to get product on it, but there is still a more foundation towards that far edge. Here is my bare hand without any makeup. Only one swipe of the roll on foundation..Look at the amount of the product on the edge.. The application of foundation by roller is not even.. Your right has a foundation coverage… and its clearly visible.. I think I have got wrong shades.. After blending it.. Rolling the roller 2-3 times the product. Blending it more and more and more… One more…My bare hand… With L’oreal True Match Roll On Foundation.. You can easily locate the difference between the fingers color and the palm color. I just wiped my hand with the tissue, and you can see the amount of the foundation I had piled on my hand. WOW factors of L’oreal True Match Roll On Foundation:
- Full coverage. The actual coverage is pretty heavy weight. Don’t buy this if you’re looking for sheer -to – medium coverage, because this is full on.
- After applying this foundation your skin will look smooth.
- It glides smoothly on the skin.
- It also covers the spots and scars.
- The foundation blends flawlessly and has a nice creamy texture.
- The foundation has flawless coverage with a slight airbrush effect
- Contains SPF25
- I have larger pores open on my cheeks 🙁 and so I found something interesting that roller works quite well on larger pores because the rolling effect creates a good smooth finish of the foundation on the pores.
- The roller fits the curve of the face well even around the nose area with a little careful maneuvering.
- The packaging is very good and compact that you can carry it with every day.
What I don’t like about L’oreal True Match Roll On Foundation:
- VERY LIMITED SHADES AVAILABLE IN INDIA..
- It looks as if you have worn a mask.
- Foundation transfer easily. For example I have a Nokia N97 mini and the makeup consistently transfers to the screen when I am on the phone 🙁
- The roller leaves strong streaks when you apply to your face.
- Be careful while getting the product on the roller or else you will end up getting very too much foundation on roller by rolling it 2-3 times.
- There is a problem with the way the sponge picks up the foundation and distributes it.
- The roller will leave a heavy layer of foundation if you will not be careful. This heavy layer will make you “roll” more over it to blend it out but that in turn piles further product on your.
- You’re supposed to use the same sponge over and over again and again. I have not yet tried to wash the sponge as I don’t want to take risk with that. 🙂
- Not so long staying power.
- If not applied properly, will look as if someone has painted your face.
The very first time when I applied this, it was looking like as if I have piled tons of makeup on my face or I have worn mask. I was looking like clown. Even my friend commented that I have overdone my makeup and so I decided not to use it again. But then I thought to give a try with the idea that I will apply very small amount of foundation. And using some tricks and tips I got smooth, flawless skin with lightweight foundation on my face. So here are that tricks and tips to apply this foundation: load your roller with the foundation and proceed to roll it on a piece of tissue first. This removes a lot of the excess foundation. Now start rolling product on your face but try to avoid rolling it in the same place….just roll over the area once. Now roll off some more of the foundation on your tissue and proceed to re-roll the areas of your face that foundation is already. This will blend out the product without having a ton of buildup.
So to conclude, I think it’s a good try. It’s an interesting and unique take on applying foundation and just absolute fun. You do have to be cautious during application or else you will end up with mask-like coverage. I will give: Image source