I have not been much experimental with the eyeshadows. I am usually comfortable only with my kajal, eyeliner, mascara and just a bit of colour on the eyes. But since the wedding season is here, I thought of trying a few. I picked up this beautiful looking quad from “L’Oréal”, so see how it looked and worked.
Price: Rs 850
Product description by L’oreal:
It is crucial to pick a right eye shadow and apply it in a right way. Use L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Les Ombres Eye Shadow to make a powerful statement.
• Formulated with color boost technology this eye shadow has soft texture and highly pigmented color.
• It provides intense effects and has 12 hours of staying power.
• In one palette this eye shadow offers you four different complementary shades.
• L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Les Ombres Eye shadow makes it easy to get desired makeup results.
My Experience with L’oreal Paris Color Riche Les Ombres Eyeshadow Chocolate Lover:
Packaging: The eyeshadows comes in an attractive looking golden pan, which has a mirror like packaging. I could easily see myself in it. The pan has a mirror inside and a little dual-ended rush accompanied for perfect blending. The pan is pretty compact and can be carried around easily. Also, the brush quality is good, not great but good for beginners. The quad is pretty expensive, as compared to the other brands which offer similar quads.
Shades: The shade I picked up is called “chocolate lover”. It has 4 beautiful neutral shades. There is one copper brown colour, which is a very pretty one and perfect as a base colour. The second one is more of a chocolate brown, that looks really nice when blended with the chocolaty one. The darkest colour is a deep purplish brown, that is precise for the outer V of the eyes. And the lightest colour which looks like a beige colour, is perfect for highlighting the brow bones. But the colour did not turn out as expected. The rest of the colours are pigmented but they could have been more pigmented. But the lightest colour does not show up that well, neither does it show that highlighted effect.
Texture: The texture is super smooth but what I noticed is that, they appear even better when blended with the fingers. With the brush, I need to pick up a lot of colours and a lot of times as well. It is a little gritty when blended with the fingers but it does not bother a lot.
Staying power: The staying power is good but for the price I would say it is average. It stays for somewhere around 5 hours on my eyes, without a primer. So the time would be extended by 2 hours with the primer.
Pros of L’oreal Paris Color Riche Les Ombres Eyeshadow Chocolate Lover:
• Compact attractive looking palette with a mirror like flap.
• 4 neutral shades great for all the occasions.
• Available all around and handy.
• They have little sparkles that make my eyes glow.
• Gives me nice smokey eyes.
• Easy to blend and use since they have an instruction at the back.
• Lasts for a good 5 hours without a primer.
Cons of L’oreal Paris Color Riche Les Ombres Eyeshadow Chocolate Lover:
• I wish the pigmentation was more.
• The shades look pretty pigmented in the pan but on the eyes the colour has to be built up.
• The highlighting shade does not work that well.
• Expensive for a quad.
IMBB Rating: 3.9/5
Would I Repurchase/Recommend L’oreal Paris Color Riche Les Ombres Eyeshadow Chocolate Lover?
I think this is going to last a long way, so not going to grab it again. And I think I would love to buy palettes next time, rather than these quads as they offer more colour variety.
I wish L’oreal comes out with more eyeshadow palettes, since they have only 2 in their collection!
L’Oreal Color Riche Ombre Eyeshadow Quad – Beige Trench
L’Oreal Paris Open Eyes Pro Eyeshadow Quad
L’Oreal Paris Quad Pro- Freida Pinto Hazel Eyes
L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Shopping Spree Eye Shadow
L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Blue Haute Couture (211) Eye Shadow