Losing weight isn’t easy in general but if one is struggling from PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) then losing weight can become a constant struggle. PCOS stands for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a problem in which a woman’s hormones are out of balance. It can cause problems with your periods and make it difficult to get pregnant. PCOS leads to the growth of many small cysts, which look like black dots in an ultrasound, in ovaries. More than six out of every 10 women who have PCOS are overweight.
Due to high insulin levels the production of male hormones called androgens is increased in a woman’s body which in turn triggers the weight gain in the abdomen. Abdominal fat is the most dangerous kind of fat. That’s because it is associated with an increased risk of heart disease and other health conditions.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
But with slight lifestyle modifications including stress reduction, exercise, and group support, along with a decrease in total energy intake, can have a positive result on the patient. Remember that shedding just 10% of the body weight can bring periods back to normal. Also, weight loss can improve insulin sensitivity which will reduce your risk of diabetes, heart disease, and other polycystic ovary syndrome complications.
Tips to reduce weight:
Sticking to a special diet is a very important aspect of PCOS care. Treating insulin resistance is the key to reducing food cravings and weight.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
• Reducing the total intake of carbohydrates (cereals, breads, pastas) and choosing to eat different types of carbohydrates that are less processed (whole wheat, brown rice, beans). Replacing manufactured carbohydrate products with whole grains, fruits and vegetables can help to reduce your insulin response. The diet also should include enough protein to control the amount of sugar in the blood.
• Include nuts like almond and walnuts that are great sources of protein, omega 3 fatty acids, B vitamins, Vitamin E and minerals like copper, manganese, magnesium and potassium.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
• Avoid the intake of refined flour, white rice, sugar, processed foods, and fruit juices containing simple carbohydrates to keep your blood sugar levels in check.
• Choose whole wheat atta and besan flour to make your rotis. Go for multi grain noodles and breads.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
• Since your oil intake is restricted, use healthier oils like sesame, mustard, sunflower, olive, for cooking so that you may get essential fats as required.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
• Eat four to six small meals throughout the day, rather than three large meals. This will help control your blood sugar levels.
• Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day on most, if not all, days of the week. Because many women with PCOS have higher testosterone levels than average, use light weights so that you don’t get bulky muscles.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
• Quit smoking.
Does Dieting Really Work for Weight Loss?
Easy and Effective Ways to Lose Weight
How to Lose Weight in One Month
Fats : The Good and Bad of Fat
6 Ways to Eat Healthy and Lose Fat During Festivals
How to Stop Hair Loss due to PCOS
Weight Loss Diet During Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Polycystic Ovarian Disease….A Rising Epidemic
Ramya’s story on PCOS and Weight loss
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips