WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hello my IMBB beauties, hope you all doing great. Today I will review Lotus Herbals Apriscrub. It’s a fresh Apricot scrub. I wonder how come the Lotus Herbals fans have not reviewed this scrub!
I had ordered a Lotus Herbals kit online which included Jojoba face wash, Fairgel, Apriscrub, Claywhite mask and strawberry Lip balm…..and best part all for INR 650/- :yahoo:
I love all the products so far.
Here is the review of Apriscrub.
Price:- INR 325/-
Quantity:- 300 g
For all skin types.
Ingredients:- Water, Prunus Armenlaca (Apricot Kernal) Powder, Glyceryl Monostearate, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetyl Alcohol, Light liquid Paraffin, Sodium Laurate sulfate, Methyl Paraben, Propyl paraben, Fragrance.
Let me give you a brief idea about the role of some main ingredient in this scrub. :cute: :cute:
- Apricot Kernal Powder- This is the main exfoliant in the scrub. It acts as mild abrasive without scraping or damaging the skin. It removes impurities and has a pleasant odor. Large granules do not cause and micro-wounds or scrapes compared to fine granules.
- Glyceryl Monostearate- It’s just an emulsifier.
- Glycerin- Moisturizing properties.
- Stearic Acid- It’s a fatty acid which acts as an emollient (makes skin soft and soothes it).
- Isopropyl Myristate- helps absorption of product into the skin
- Cetyl Alcohol- A solid fatty alcohol used as an emollient and emulsion stabilizer that gives skin a velvety feel.
- Light liquid Paraffin – Its nothing but liquefied petroleum jelly. It has moisturizing property.
- Sodium Laurate sulfate- Surfactant for cleansing property.
- Methyl Paraben, Propyl paraben- Preservatives.
What Lotus Herbals Apriscrub claim?
1 min to Fresh New Skin.
As our nails and skin grow, your skin also grows. Upper skin cells become dead and new cells are developed underneath. It is necessary to remove these dead cells to reveal the younger, radiant skin from underneath. Lotus Herbals Apriscrub is the perfect way to scrub away these dead cells gently without rupturing your skin. A young, radiant skin is what you get after using this scrub.
Directions:- Moisten face and neck. Apply Lotus Herbals Apriscrub in dots all over and rub it with wet fingers in clockwise and anti clockwise direction massaging gently. Rinse well and pat dry. Apply Alphamoist Oil-free moisturizer or Safe Sun sunblock lotion before stepping out.
Now let me tell you how I like to use this scrub (once a week). First I clean my face with a mild cleanser. On wet face I apply the scrub evenly all over face and neck area. Allow it to dry a little for about 3-5 minutes. Then take a soft damp toothbrush and with gentle circular motion I start exfoliating (not more than 2 minutes for the whole face and neck). You can even do it with your fingers (sensitive skin should avoid harsh exfoliation). Then wash with lukewarm water. Cleanse with Lotus Herbals Jojoba Face wash. Pat dry. Apply my moisturizer and then a sunscreen.
PLEASE avoid going out in sun for 2-3 hours just after exfoliating your face. This is the most dangerous time to step in the sun. The skin becomes very sensitive after scrubbing and hence sun damage is severe. If in case you really have to apply a good sunscreen and reapply every hour.
Here is the swatch of the product.
You can see the granules in the above picture.
Let me come to the Pros and Cons of this scrub.
Pros of Lotus Herbals Apriscrub:- :bravo:
:star: Exfoliating is gentle.
:star: Fragrance is not overpowering.
:star: Leave skin super soft and supple.
:star: Help remove dirt and grime from pores….even blackheads to some extent.
:star: Herbal ingredients and hence more safe.
:star: Cheap for the quantity you get.
:star: Can be used as a body scrub too.
:star: I have oily/combination skin and it did not break me out. (I normally never had break out problems though). :))
:star: Ease of availability.
:star: Comes in a tube form but quantity is less. (which I would prefer)
Cons of Lotus Herbals Apriscrub:- :headbang:
:no: The packaging. I would prefer the flip-flap capped tubes like the face wash. It’s a huge tub I got. I am happy with the price I paid and all. It’s irritating to remove the product every time with a spoon (hygiene concern). :X
No other issues for me. :victory:
Rating:- :-* :-* :-* :-*
Have you used Lotus Herbals Apriscrub. please rate in the box below.
Also, Read :
- Lotus Herbals Fairness Gel with Liquorice and Green Tea Review
- Lotus Herbals Fruit Pack – Frujuvenate Skin Perfecting, Rejuvenating
- Lotus Herbals Makeup Counters in India