WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lotus Herbals Fairgel with Liquorice and Green Tea Review
Lotus Herbals have been bringing forth a variety of skin care products ranging from cleansers, toners, moisturizers to clay masks, and also correctors and most remarkably a distinct array of colourful gels. I have had no issues with the detan mask and lip balms from this brand, but I had a terrible experience with the Ginseng fairness cream. I was a little skeptical about this colourful gel after that and also because the label had the erringly similar “3 weeks for fairer skin” claim same as Ginseng cream, but I had to use this since I had paid a lot extra as VAT, delivery charges, (even) VAT on delivery, and shipping charges through www.indiayogi.com.
The printed price on this product is Rs. 180, but I paid a total of Rs. 247 for this gel. Here’s the breakdown:
I have shopped online from futurebazaar.com and indiatimes.com, but while purchasing things from indiayogi.com, there was tax-ke-upar tax.:(
I tried picking up an approximately priced product from www.infibeam.com to see how much extra I would be charged, and here’s what they will charge you in terms of VAT and delivery charges.
There is no tax ke upar tax on www.infibeam.com.
Coming back to the Fairgel,
WHAT LOTUS HERBALS FAIRGEL CLAIMS:
Liquorice and green tea extracts present in the gel provide synergetic action to regulate the activity of tyrosine, an enzyme present in the melanin formation, mainly responsible for darkening of skin. At the time same time, this light, easily absorbed gel revitalizes cutaneous cells, effectively preventing ageing, and hence impart glow to the skin.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Apply to cleansed face, morning and evening, let dry. Use everyday.
Liquorice Extract, Green Tea Extract, and vitamin E.
PRICE: Rs. 180.
MY TAKE ON LOTUS HERBALS FAIRGEL:
This bright green happy gel comes in a not-so-sturdy transparent plastic bottle with a pump through which the gel comes in tiny squirts. The gel has a very mild synthetic fragrance, which you should accept as “green tea’s” scent. The gel gets quickly absorbed into the skin and only a small amount is required for the entire face. However, once completely absorbed, there is this taut feeling you get on your skin, which again you have to consider as the various enzymes and “anti-ageing” process of the gel in action. One more thing is that you cannot apply this gel “alone” or in place of a day cream because it does leave a fine taut film of grease on the face and that too with no SPF content. There is not much of an improvement in my complexion which would make me go “wow.” But I was truly happy and relieved that it hadn’t done any damage to my skin like the Ginseng cream.
PROS OF LOTUS HERBALS FAIRGEL:
- Very light gel that does not weigh on the skin too much.
- Comes in a pump bottle.
- Only a little amount is required for the entire face.
- Can be worn under any moisturizer, foundation, or day cream.
- Did not cause any harm to the skin like “Lotus Herbals Ginseng Coconut Fairness Cream.”
CONS OF LOTUS HERBALS FAIRGEL:
- Easily absorbed gel leaves a greasy fine film a little later.
- No SPF content.
- Cannot be worn as a day cream.
- Not for all skin types, it causes some greasiness while it may be stretching and drying on skin types other than oily ones.
- Not a product to be bought through online shopping by paying VAT, delivery charges, and tax on delivery charges.
- Complete list of ingredients not mentioned, just liquorice, green tea, and vitamin E. At least they should have mentioned what colour they have used.
- No major improvement in skin colour or texture.
IMBB RATING: :-* . One star rating for the green colour of the gel and one for not causing any side effects. 🙂
WILL I REPURCHASE THIS AGAIN:
No more “3-weeks for fairer skin” tricks to fool me please. This was my last product from the “fairness phase.”:)
- Review: Lotus Acne Gel with Tea Tree Oil and Lotus haul Lotus Haul
- Lotus Herbals Jojobawash Active Milli Capsules Nourishing Face Wash Review
- Lotus Herbals Cocofair Ginseng Fairness Creme Review