WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
MAC SELECT MOISTURECOVER Concealer Review
I really stumbled upon IMBB looking for a good concealer review.
Rati suggested that I get the Studio finish concealer from MAC. Read the review here – MAC Studio Finish Concealer Review . So I happily went there to get my first concealer!!!:D
The MUA there got the MAC select Moisture cover and covered my dark circles. I still wanted to try the studio finish concealer.The studio finish concealed my dark circles(DCs), but it just dint look like me!!! ( The MUA joked saying I’m not used to seeing my face without dark circles).:P
So anyway.. the select cover looked more real on my face. And the MUA insisted that I get this since it is easier to use and I dint’t need heavy coverage. [I thought otherwise!!]
I got a NW 35
The MAC website says-
A luxuriously blendable moisturizing concealer in a tube with built-in doe-foot applicator. Goes on exactly where you want it: blends in for a natural satin-smooth ultra-moisturized finish. Layers up for added coverage. Line-softening, skin-perfecting: The Pros’ “select” for under-eyes and delicate skin. Wide shade range provides soft, natural camouflage. Use with the 194 Concealer Brush.
Comes in a typical concealer tube with a doe tip applicator.
This costs INR 1050 for a 50ml tube.
This is medium consistency and creamy, and it blends very easily. 😀
I dot this under my eye with the applicator then tap with my ring finger to blend this. Super duper easy!!! Just set this with some loose powder and you are set for quite some time!
MAC Select Moisturecover brightens up my eye area. 😀 but wont work on my blemishes alone because its considerably darker than my skin tone and I don’t use foundation. But I’m not complaining! Takes care of my DCs. That was what I got this for!
Pros of MAC Select Moisture Cover Cconealer:
- Does not dry me out.
- Blends amazingly well!!.
- It provides medium coverage, but it is quite buildable.
- Easy to use (for first timers like me)..
- Not heavy at all.
- Varied shade range.
- Looks very natural.
- The MUA was of great help! I couldn’t have done it on my own.
- Hygienic. No dipping finger! 🙂
- Lasts for around 3 hours nicely.. but then it slowly fades away..
The fading away is uniform (but it creases in deep set lines).
- Non patchy
- AGAINST ANIMAL TESTING! 🙂
Cons of MAC Select Moisture Cover Cconealer:
- No spf.
- Medium coverage. (for some)
- Contains Parabens. (is there any concealer that doesn’t? I really want to know).
- The MUA said that the MAC studio fix will photograph better and is perfect for brides/ movies.:-|
- Is not as long lasting as the MAC studio finish concealer. I’m not expecting flawless finish.. but I expect this to last long!
- Weird but.. it does crease under my eyes.. I know I’m blending it right.
When I spot this, I blend it and within minutes it creases again. I don’t use a lot of the product. I don’t know where I’m going wrong.
All in all its something that I am in love with! Till I used this, I dint know make up could get so easy. The effort I put into make some other products work, is something I realise now!
My rating :-* :-* :-* :-*. 😀
(I wish it came with spf)