WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Price : Rs 2100 for 35 ml (both price and quantity of the foundation is high as compared to of the rest of the MAC foundations)
I was dying to try this foundation but was not really keen on purchasing it if I didn’t like the finish and feel of it. Back to MAC store. I asked the SA to try both shade 3 and 4 on me. To be honest, both the shades were looking okay on my skin because the SA used a stippling brush and did a light application of foundation. But shade 4 looked more natural on my NC 35 skin tones so I went ahead with that. Shade 4 and my skin tone were match made in heaven. 😛 Also, the SA mentioned that this foundation does not oxidize, I gave no second thoughts and bought it. I really liked the coverage, the finish and semi matte finish it gave to my skin. I still do. 🙂
Likes and Dislikes about MAC Matchmaster foundation:
- It is an excellent natural looking foundation. It gives invisible coverage to the skin and that makes it great for day time use as well. It does adapt to your skin a bit and evens out your skin nicely.
- It is a water based foundation so would work on all skin types. Those with oily skin types should definitely give this a shot.
- The coverage I’d say is medium to buildable. You can build it up to a very good coverage and it is able to cover a lot of blemishes.
- I love the colors available in the range. The color I have is neither too yellow nor too pink. That makes it awesome for my coloring.
- It has a semi matte finish. I personally like dewy finish foundations but I am okay with this kind of finish as well. Just not a fan of a super matte finishes.
- It does not oxidize on me but I always wear a primer underneath.
- It stays on all day long but those will oily skin might have to touch up their face during the day. But it really does not move , nor does it settle in the fine lines , nor does it look cakey and neither does it make my face shiny. The days are getting hotter now and I have worn it many times all day long but it stays put. The staying power is pretty impressive.
- It comes in a pump glass bottle, which is excellent.Although I’d say not great for travel.
- It has a creamy texture .
- It never broke me out.
- This foundation is neither moisturizing nor drying. I definitely moisturize my skin before using it.
- You have to work pretty fast with it as it dries quickly.
- It has SPF 15. It photographs pretty well. I am wearing Matchmaster Foundation HERE .