Skintone : Medium / Fair / MAC NC 35
Hi Everyone, 🙂
I am sharing review of MAC Velvetease lip pencils with you (Aim To Please, Temper Tantrum, Just My Type, and Just Add Romance) with you all. These are twist-up/retractable lip crayons. If you are someone who does not like to sharpen their pencils, this could totally be your product, but I personally like pencils that can be sharpened. Even though it leads to a product wastage, I like to work with a fresh tip. With pencils like these, the only problem is that once the tip gets blunt, you are stuck with it. Some retractable pencils come with a little sharpener attached on the end, these don’t. It is a highly personal preference. They are extremely handy to carry around any time of the day. The coloured ends make them easy to locate among a bazillion things in your bag and since they don’t require sharpening, you can do your touchups anywhere without fuss. If you are a fan of lip crayons, you would love them. These have the back packaging with the ends coloured as the co-ordinating shades. That makes it easier to store and locate them easily.
A lip product that delivers the vivid colour impact of a lipstick with the ease of a mechanical pencil.
£17.50 / INR 1400 approximately.
I have 4 shades in my collection:
Aim To Please:
It is a soft mauve brown.. a bit like a reddish-toned dusty rose color. It is such a gorgeous n*de color for warm medium skin tones. It reminds me of MAC Taupe Lipstick a lot . Love this shade!
Just Add Romance:
If there is one real pretty red, I have in my collection, it is this one. It is a gorgeous cherry red color that is not too bold, makes for a great day and evening both and adds that lovely freshness to the face. It is definitley one of my favoutrite among the four. Love this one soo soo much.
Just My Type:
It is a gorgeous cool-toned fuchsia. A closest color from MAC is Girl About Town.
A warm yellow-based orange. It is not the brightest shade of orange and can look a bit sallow if you have very strong yellow undertones. A closest color from MAC lipstick is MAC Morange.
• It is a thin and light formula. Does not feel heavy on lips at all.
• These are semi-matte lipsticks.
• They can be used as lip pencils as well underneath a traditional lipstick.
• Very easy to use. I call them on-the-go lipsticks.
• If you have different colors, you can mix and match. The formula blends beautifully with each other.
• These do not have any smell to or taste to it.
• Stays on for 3-4 hours. The brighter colors leave a stain behind and stay on for longer. But these are not the most long lasting lipsticks.
• Do not feel either hydrating or drying. They are very comfortable to wear.
• They don’t smudge or smear. Do not accentuate fine lines of lips.
• The coloured ends make them easier to locate and the packaging is very handy.
• I am not a fan of retractable pencils personally but it could be a pro for some. However, the tip does not go very blunt very soon.
• They are very pigmented. I’d say one swipe gives 80% color payoff. These are very buildable without looking thick or cakey.
I have absolutely no complaint with these lip pencils. The colors, the payoff and just about everything is so nice about them. They also make such a lovely gift to someone one. I always fine atleast one of the shades in my bag always. just cannot get rid of them. 😀
There is nothing extraordinary about these lipsticks. They are alright – very basic, nice kind. Nothing wrong with them but nothing too exciting as well. You can have them or can skip them. I don’t think you would be missing out on anything. If there is some color that you really like from the range, I would say go for it because you would not regret having it in your kit.
MAC Lover’s Lane Velvetease Lip Pencil
MAC Spice Lip Pencil
MAC Absolutely It Pro Longwear Lip Pencil
MAC Magenta Lip Pencil
MAC Whirl Lip Pencil
Huda Beauty Bombshell Lip Contour Matte Lip Pencil
Make Up For Ever High Precision Lip Pencil #20