MAC Spice Lip Pencil Review, Swatch, FOTD
Claims : A pencil designed for shaping, lining or filling in the lip. Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for lining the lips or filling them in. They are long-lasting and available in a wide selection of colours that each work well with many different lipstick shades.
Price : Rs 820 for 1.45 gm
Mostly when people start with MAC, they have some “must have 5 products from MAC”. I also had one and Spice Lip pencil has been on that list since the very beginning. I picked it up during my lip liner obsession days but then forgot about it. 😛 I recently started using it again and hence the review. 😀
MAC describes Spice lip pencil as Pink cinnamon stick.
Spice is deep brown pink with slight orange undertones. I personally feel that this is good shade with most medium skin tones. It would kinda get lost on dark skintones and would be too brownish on light skin tones.
Likes and Dislikes :
- On my NC 35 skin tone, it looks how a true nude lipstick should look on me. Not too pale that would wash out color from my face and not too bright that I’d rather wear a lipstick than a lip liner.
- It is quite long lasting on its own. It stays almost 4 hours on my lips. WIth gloss on top , almsot 2 1/2 to 3 hours and makes my lipstick go strong for good 4 hours.
- The texture is quite smooth and goes on evenly on lips.
- It is quite creamy and smooth but not moisturizing. And on its own it may even accentuate the fine lines of your lips.
- It works on almost all browns, mauves, and nude lipsticks. Not too well on pink lipsticks. It makes the pink lipstick look sort of brownish when you wear it as a base.
- It is nicely pigmented.
- I like that this can be sharpened.
- Sharpens well without breaking.
- It is a long lip pencil so this would last long.
Overall. I do like Spice Lip Pencil but honestly, I don’t think that this is anything special. You can pretty much find this shade in Bourjois or Maybelline at much cheaper price. I definitely enjoy using it but may not repurchase it.
And this is how Spice looks on me :
And when you get bored, just pout. :tongue:
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : 4/5
Have you used MAC Lip Pencil in Spice? Please rate in the box below.
NYX Slim LipLiner Pencil in Natural and Hot Red Review
Maxfactor Eye pencils and Lip liner- Review
Daily Beauty Tips : LipLiner
Jordana Easy Liner for Lips: Swatches and Review
Colorbar LipPencil Review
Bourjois Long Wear LipLiner Review, Photos, Swatches
Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #5, # 15 Review, Look, Swatches
Estee Lauder LipPencil Spice Writer Review, Swatches
Revlon Nail Enamel in Iced Spice Review