Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes 18 L Burgundy Review, Photos, Swatches
Price : Rs 887
18 L Burgundy is a true to it’s name. it’s a burgundy plum colour with very fine silver shimmer to it.
The finish of Aqua eyes is quite matte. It’s not glossy or shiny.
What I love about Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes:
- Aqua eyes are amazingly waterproof.
- They stay on and on when you apply them on upper or lower lash line.
- Aqua Eyes don’t smudge and travel all around your eyes even after hours of application. Even the colour doesn’t fade.
- I love this burgundy colour. I don’t have anything like this in my collection.
- The packaging is quite nice. They have a transparent cap and the tip of the pencil is coloured so it’s easier to store and locate them.
- They can be applied on waterline. I didn’t feel any irritation or discomfort when I apply them.
- They sharpen quite well.
What I don’t like about Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes:
- The pencil tugs my eyes. I think the fact that these are so amazingly waterproof, they are not creamy enough to glide on your lids. I especially feel quite uncomfortable when I apply it on my lower lash line because there the skin is even thinner. IMHO Colorbar I Glide Pencils go on much smoother and they literally glide on your lids.
- They can be applied on waterline but after 40-45 minutes, you can see nothing on your waterline. It fades away.
- I didn’t find this particular shade ( burgundy) very pigmented. I have to go over the liner 2-3 time to bring in the intensity.
Here is the swatch , which is swiped 2-3 times.
Here is the Aqua Eye 18 L Burgundy on my eyes. The colour is swiped 2-3 times but on waterline you’d see that the shade doesn’t look vibrant.
Overall I would say that these are good pencils if you are looking for extremely waterproof option and don’t mind a little tugging of your lids.
I would want to give the Black MUFE Aqua Eyes a try but not any other shade.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-*:-* + 0.5