WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I’m reviewing another lipstick from the Maybelline Color Show Lipsticks range and the shade I’m reviewing in this post is 207- Cherry Crush. Read on to find out more about it.
Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is a fashionable intense lipstick, which comes in chic to vivid shades. Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is highly pigmented giving bold lips.
• It stays for up to four to five hours.
• The creamy texture is not heavy on the lips.
• It does not smear or smudge.
• It does not settle in line.
• As its highly moisturized you don’t need to wear a lip balm.
How to use: For a perfect lip shape: start in the middle of the lips, smoothing out to the corners of the mouth.
Product price: INR 299 for 3.9 gm.
Best before: 36 months
My take on Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick Cherry Crush
Packaging: like I mentioned in my previous posts on Maybelline Color Show lipsticks, the packaging is the only thing about these lipsticks that I’m not a fan of. Before these were launched in India, I saw the pics of the packaging etc and thought these were cute and edgy and trendy but guess what? I was proved wrong when I bought these lipsticks. It’s made of very cheap quality, light weight plastic that appears to be easily breakable. Anyway, it’s black in color and the middle of the lipstick denotes what family of colors it belongs to which is quite smart (brown for shades of brown, purple for shades of purple and so on), like transparent red in this case. The sticker at the bottom denotes the color name and number. All in all, it is easy to carry but not very sturdy.
Texture: the texture of these lipsticks is really praiseworthy. It’s super soft and creamy without being greasy or sticky. Also, it feels very light on the lips. Application is very smooth, but the lipstick settles into fine lines on lips, though that can be rectified if the lips are properly scrubbed beforehand.
Shade: The shade is called Cherry Crush which is a cherry red color. It’s a very cute and pretty color and it screams spring and summer. it is not matte nor is it really glossy though it gives a very pretty sheen to the lips. It gives medium coverage to lips and 2 swipes are more than enough to get the shade as appears in the bullet. All in all, if you can pull this shade off, it can really look gorgeous on you and if you can’t, guess it’ll just end up making the lips look awkward.
Longevity: this lipstick stays on me for 3-4 hours but only because it is a bright shade. It requires a touch up every 3 hours else it starts fading completely, leaving an awkward stain behind.
Pros of Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick Cherry Crush
• Very affordable.
• Travel friendly. Can easily fit into tiny pockets too.
• Great quality of lipstick keeping in mind the price it comes at.
• The texture is very smooth and creamy, without being sticky.
• Wide range of colors to choose from, starting from pinks to purples to browns to reds.
• Nice cherry red color that can instantly brighten your look as well as mood. Hehehe!
• Doesn’t smudge or smear as such.
Cons of Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick Cherry Crush
• The packaging is the biggest con. I don’t like it and that’s that.
• Stays on for 3 hours max. Needs a touch up after that.
• Settles into fine lines on lips.
• I have noticed that this particular shade has a very weird fragrance that I obviously don’t like. But the scent goes away after some time.
• The lipstick can melt.
Will I repurchase it/ do I recommend Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick Cherry Crush?
Yes I’ll repurchase but some other color next time and I do recommend it.
IMBB rating: 3.5/5
Conclusion: It’s a nice lipstick with decent quality at a decent price. Must try!
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in 405 Violet Delight
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick 109 Violet Fusion
Maybelline ColorShow Lipstick in Orange Icon
5 Nail Arts with Maybelline Color Show Nail Paints
Maybelline Colorshow Crayon – Shiny Beige
Maybelline Colorshow Crayon – 06 Noble Purple
L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick Cherry Crush Review, Swatches
Streetwear Satin Smooth Lip Color- 09 Cherry Crush