In this post, I am reviewing another lipstick from the Maybelline Color Show lipsticks range and the shade that I am reviewing this time is called 405- Violet Delight.
Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is a fashionable intense lipstick, which comes in chic to vivid shades. Maybelline Color Show Lipstick is highly pigmented giving bold lips.
- It stays for up to four to five hours.
- The creamy texture is not heavy on the lips.
- It does not smear or smudge.
- It does not settle in line.
- As its highly moisturized you don’t need to wear a lip balm.
How To Use:
For a perfect lip shape: start in the middle of the lips, smoothing out to the corners of the mouth.
INR 299 for 3.9 gm for 36 months.
My Take on Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in 405 Violet Delight:
By now, I hope most of you have read at least one of my previous reviews on Maybelline Color show lipsticks and already know while I’m not that huge fan of its packaging, I just absolutely love the texture and other qualities. But first things first, talking about the packaging, these lipsticks come in a plain black tube and the middle of the bullet denotes what family of colors this lipstick belongs too, for instance this particular lipstick is a violet shade, so the middle of the lipstick is purple in color. The sticker at the bottom denotes the shade number, shade name and date of manufacturing. The lipstick is in fact comparatively tiny in size and hence, can even fit into the sleek pockets too.,
Like I just mentioned above, the texture is what really got me hooked on to these lipsticks. It’s super soft and creamy without being greasy or sticky. Also, it feels very light on the lips. Application is very smooth, but the lipstick settles into fine lines on lips, though that can be rectified if the lips are properly scrubbed beforehand.
The shade is called “Violet Delight” is a deep purple color. It very much reminds me of the lip shade that the Teen Singer Lorde wears most of the times, so yayyy! I have a similar lip shade now. Jokes apart, it’s really a very gorgeous color and would not only give an illusion of whiter teeth but would also, brighten up the face if paired with the right blush/ highlighter. It gives good coverage to lips and two swipes are more than enough to get the shade as appears in the bullet. This lip shade also gives a slight sheen to the lips and makes lips appear fuller. Overall, if you are a sucker for bold lips, you must give this a try!
This lipstick stays on me for 3-4 hours but only because it is a comparatively darker shade. It requires a touch up every 3 hours else it starts fading completely, leaving an awkward stain behind.
Pros of Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in 405 Violet Delight:
- Very affordable.
- Travel friendly, can easily fit into tiny pockets too.
- Great quality.
- People who are a fan of the Teen singer Lorde must check this out because it is very much similar to the shade she wears in most of her videos. Also, those of you who know that Lorde recently in collaboration with MAC, launched her own lipstick “Heroine,” can really give this one a try because the former MAC lipstick is not available in India and Maybelline Violet Delight is a very close dupe.
- The texture is very smooth and creamy, without being sticky.
- Wide range of colors to choose from, starting from pinks to purples to browns to reds.
- Doesn’t smudge or smear as such.
Cons of Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in 405 Violet Delight:
- The packaging is boring.
- Needs a touch up every 3 hours.
- Settles into fine lines on lips.
- Has a funny scent.
- The lipstick can melt.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick in 405 Violet Delight?
Yes, I will repurchase this very shade when I finish it up and I do recommend it to those who like bold lips.
Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick 109 Violet Fusion
Maybelline ColorShow Lipstick in Orange Icon
5 Nail Arts with Maybelline Color Show Nail Paints
Maybelline Colorshow Crayon – Shiny Beige
Maybelline Colorshow Crayon – 06 Noble Purple
Maybelline Color Show Crayon Kohl – Green
Street Wear Color Rich Lipstick Violet Cream
L’Oreal Endless Lipstick: Violet Attitude
Clinique Long Last Lipstick – Violet Berry
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Va Va Violet
Chambor Powder Matte Lipstick – Indiana Fusion
56 Chambor Lipstick Photos, Swatches, Lip Swatches