Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow Trio in Bronze Glitz
• Three coordinated shades with step-by-step application guide makes shadow easier than ever
• All-day crease-proof wear
• Glides on effortlessly with superior smoothness
• Velvet-tip applicator blends without tugging or pulling
• Ophthalmologist-tested. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
I like eyeshadow trios because they’re indeed easy to use, save me space since I carry 3 colors in one compact case, and also, because I’m not very creative with my eye makeup and it takes me a bit of time to choose which shades to use, the pre-selected set of colors makes things much easier for me.
I mostly use neutrals when I do eye makeup, but I also love gold and bronze shades. Gold and bronze just look so gorgeous, and I think they go well with my medium yellow, warm skintone. So the colors in Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow Trio in Bronze Glitz really appealed to me. This isn’t available at the Maybelline counters here, but I love online shopping and often scour Ebay for cheap finds, and found Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow Trio Bronze Glitz there, brand new from a local seller for just 245 Pesos or Rs. 254 inclusive of shipping, very close to the price it’s sold for at drugstores in the US, which is about $4.
The shade assigned to the lid is a rich gold, the one for the crease is a reddish bronze, and the color for the brow bone color is a very light, pale gold, a sort of champagne color.
All three have a metallic finish, the brow bone color being rather shimmery as well. They’re nicely pigmented, and the colors look pretty and bold to me.
Following the designated areas for each color, here’s what it looks like on my lids:
I opted for a softer, more toned down look and tried to blend the colors well. I didn’t use any primer beforehand, just concealer. When I first applied the bronze crease color, it looked like quite red and I was afraid that I’d look like I had a rash on my eyelid…but after blending a bit, it started to look nice and more natural. My favorite is the gold shade, which is a rich, stunning color. The highlight shade was too shimmery for my taste and I had to apply it with a light hand otherwise I think it’d look over the top.
Pros of Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow Trio in Bronze Glitz
• It has beautiful, pigmented colors which I found easy to apply and blend.
• The three shades coordinated well and created a summery, bronzey look.
• Used without primer, they only faded in the late afternoon (I’d applied them in the morning) with some creasing. With primer these should definitely last longer.
• It’s versatile. I can use the colors in different ways or just one for an all-over wash of color on my lids. Can be used during daytime or applied wet or heavier combined with bolder liner for nights out.
• The eyeshadows didn’t irritate my skin or my eyes.
• It’s affordable.
Cons of Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow Trio in Bronze Glitz
• The packaging looks a bit flimsy and very basic, but considering the cheap price, I don’t mind at all.
• It’s not available in all countries, and may have to be ordered online if outside the US.
• The colors suit warm skintones very well, but may look too red or strong on fairer or lighter skin.
Overall, Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow Trio Bronze Glitz is a great product with a cheap pricetag. The shadows suit my coloring, and I think they’d look especially striking on those with darker, warm skintones. For those with light skin with pink undertones, I think this has to be applied lightly or it might look like too much. I was lucky to find it on Ebay, and might check out the eye makeup the local Maybelline counters are selling here. If you have access to this product, I’d definitely recommend checking it out as well as the colors of the other trios.
Maybelline Colorplush Silk Eyeshadow in Sapphire Siren 20
Maybelline ExpertWear Blush Review – Berry Sorbet
Chambor Eye Shadow Trio (Bronze)
Colorbar Enchanting Eyeshadow Trio Palette
L’oreal Paris – Color Appeal Trio Pro EyeShadow
Deborah Milano Trio Hi-Tech Dry n Wet EyeShadow – Gold Fever
Have You Used Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow Trio Bronze Glitz Before? Please Rate in the Box Below: