I recently picked up a few blushes from various brands and having read quite a few positive reviews on Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush range on IMBB, I also got tempted to pick up a few shades from this range. Read on to find out more about “Hot Tamale” from Maybelline’s Bouncy Blush range.
Freshest flush ever:
- Revolutionary gel formula provides a new bouncy texture.
- Lightweight like a powder, yet melts seamlessly into skin like a cream.
- Natural sheer wash of color that is buildable for greater color intensity.
- Dermatologist tested, Allergy tested.
- Non comedogenic.Packaging: The blush comes in a cute round plastic case with a transparent lid. The size is pretty small and handy and can be easily carried around in your bag. The lid shuts tight and there is no danger of the blush opening accidentally in the bag.
My Experience with Maybelline Hot Tamale Dream Bouncy Blush:
The blush itself has a very unique texture – it feels almost clay like and has a slight bounce to it. If you press it slightly, it seems to bounce back into shape – quite unique, but I am not sure if it serves any purpose!
Color and Pigmentation: Hot Tamale is lovely shade of pink. It looks much darker in the pan but it doesn’t look all that dark on the skin and imparts a nice flush to the cheeks.
The pigmentation is just about okay; I do need to swipe it a few times for the color to show up, but I actually enjoy blushes which are slightly on the sheer side as I am not too comfortable with sporting bright bold cheeks.
Texture/Finish/Staying Power: The blush has a light mousse-like texture. It blends very easily with fingers or a brush. It feels like a cream when you first apply it, but as you blend it out, it starts feeling like a powder.
The blush adds a lovely glow to the cheeks without being shiny or shimmery. The finish is matte.
The staying power is slightly disappointing and the blush disappears on me in about 3 hours or so.
Pros of Maybelline Hot Tamale Dream Bouncy Blush:
- Lovely pink shade.
- Easily blendable.
- Adds a subtle flush to the cheeks without any shine or shimmer.
- Buildable color.
Cons of Maybelline Hot Tamale Dream Bouncy Blush:
- Not very strongly pigmented.
- Staying power is pretty low at around 3 hours.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Maybelline Hot Tamale Dream Bouncy Blush?
I would not recommend this blush as the staying power is pretty average and so is the pigmentation;
I will not repurchase.
Maybelline Coffee Cake Dream Bouncy Blush
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in 05 Fresh Pink
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush – Candy Coral
Maybelline Glistening Sun Dream Bouncy Bronzer
Maybelline #01 Pop Pink Blush Studio Jelly Glow Blush
Makeup Revolution London Heat Vivid Blush Lacquer
Makeup Revolution London All About Cream Blush Palette
Makeup Revolution London Hot Powder Blush