WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Foundation
Shake well. Apply and blend with fingertips before sun exposure.
I’m 27 but I have this idea that I’d benefit from foundations made for mature skin because my skin seems more mature and damaged for my age—it’s quite dry, has some fine lines, and dark spots from sun exposure. So I thought it’d be great to try the Maybelline Instant Age liquid foundation, which boasts of skin firming properties and has SPF 18 to boot.
This product is not available at the Maybelline counters here so I wasn’t able to test it before buying. I purchased it online, from where I’ve been getting a lot of my makeup these days, Ebay. Looking at the shades for this foundation, I just took a gamble and picked Nude, which to me looked the most yellow out of all the shades, since my skin has strong yellow undertones to it.
It’s definitely a warm-toned foundation, and seems to have a little orange at times, even. But Nude turned out to be a shade or two too light for me. When I wear it I ask my husband how it looks and he says it looks fine, but I personally notice the slight difference between the color of my face and neck/chest. I really dislike it when I wear foundation and my face and neck/chest don’t match! But oh well, my fault for not looking more carefully at the shades online.
This foundation has some very fine shimmers, but after shaking the bottle and applying the foundation on my face, I don’t see them anymore. It gives light to medium coverage and dries to a kind of dewy (not shimmery), natural-looking finish.
This retails for $7 to $10 in the states, even cheaper with drugstore coupons and during sales from what I’ve read, and I purchased it from a local seller for 350 Pesos (approx Rs. 376), plus a bit more to have it shipped.
Pros of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Foundation
• This feels comfortable on my skin—it doesn’t make me feel like I’m wearing a mask.
• It didn’t give me any pimples or cause any itching, even when I wore it during hot, humid weather.
• Does not feel drying, but even feels slightly moisturizing to my dry skin.
• Has a light scent, not bothersome at all.
• It has a liquid-y texture that’s not thick, which I find very easy to apply and blend into my skin (I to use my fingers to apply this).
• The finish looks pleasantly dewy and natural.
• Has decent lasting power. Only seems to melt off by the end of the day in super hot weather, and then I’m still able to see a lot of product on my cotton pad when I take this off with makeup remover.
• Has SPF 18.
• Bonus of skin-firming properties, though I’ve not seen it take effect on my skin yet. Hopefully in the long run…maybe I have to finish the entire bottle first?
• Affordable price
Cons of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Foundation
• I really don’t like that it doesn’t have a pump, or anything to regulate the flow of product. I often end up getting too much product than I intended.
• My skin is dry, as I’ve mentioned, but it gets a little oily by the end of the day when I wear this foundation.
• Not easily available everywhere, even here where I live. I had to order it online.
Overall, I think this is a pretty good foundation and I would recommend it to those with dry or mature skin. Its dewy, natural finish should make skin appear more healthy and even. I wouldn’t suggest it though to those with oily skin as this might make you even oilier. I would buy another bottle, in a shade more suitable for my skin tone. I only wish it had a pump and were available at the malls so I could test the shades first.
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation
Maybelline Wonder Finish Foundation
Maybelline Mineral Foundation for Sensitive Skin
Loreal Instant clear Anti Dandruff shampoo
L’Oreal Hydra Fresh Instant Freshness Foaming Cream
T-Zone Nose Pore Strips: Instant Fix for Blackheads