Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 2, Glam 13 – Day to Night Makeup and Outfits!
We have already started getting Maybelline Lip Polish reviews on IMBB – Glam 6, Glam 7, Glam 9 and Glam 14 . You may check out the full range on Maybelline’s Page. These are just gorgeous lip products- texture wise, colorwise, feel and staying power wise. And they have come at the right time in my life. You know the lip gloss obsession phase is still going on! 😉 Maybelline asked me if I could do a day to night look using Maybelline Lip Polishes. Well! there you have it . 🙂
I chose to do simple outfits and simple makeup – something that people can incorporate in their real lives. Hope you like them. 🙂
Day Time look using Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 2.
Glam 2 is a gorgeous Warm Pink lip color. It is medium pigmented but can be built up to a beautiful bright pink lip color. It stays on for good 31/2 to 4 hours on my lips. No shimmer. Just pretty pretty pink. You can use this color for both day and evening but I chose to use it during day. I like fresh pink makeup for day time a lot.
- Use a soft purple eyeliner on waterline. I used Maybelline COlorshow Crayon Kohl in purple.
- Tight line your upper lash line with Maybelline Colossal kajal. This step is optional. But I find that tight-lining makes lashes look fuller.
- Using a silver eyeshadow from Maybelline Ocean Blue quad..
- ..apply it on the inner corner of eyes using the applicator. This would bring more light to your eyes and make them look more awake.
- Finish off with Maybelline Hypercurl Mascara
- For cheeks I used Maybelline Cheeky Glow blush in Peachy Sweetie.
- It’s pinky peach shade.
- And finished off the look with Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam 2.
- How pretty is this pink! ^_^
And that’s my day time outfit. Something formal to take me through the day. I have been wanting to do an all grey outfit for a while. But couldn’t resist adding my yellow silk shirt. I feel it added to cheer to the otherwise gloomy black-grey colors. :)A classic day bag, fun sunglasses and an overcoat finished the look. 🙂
Evening Makeup Look using Maybelline Lip Polish Glam 13 : Glam 13 sort of looks mauve brown in the tube but it goes on as peachy brown when applied. It is quite pigmented . The reason I like this color so much is because you can wear it as a toned down version for ‘my lips but better’ look or can just amp it up as a bright peach brown shade. I sort of stayed mid way. I felt it complimented my smokey eye makeup more that way. 🙂
If you are going from day to evening, you don’t have to start form the scratch. A bit of eye makeup and change of lip color does the trick!
- Start by lining your upper lash line using Maybelline Colossal Mascara.
- Using a bit of black eyeshadow from Maybelline Eyeshadow Quad in Gray Pink..
- smudge the liner.
- Apply a wash of same black eyeshadow all over the lid. Blend it a little past the crease.
- Pat the metallic grey eyeshadow..
- just on the centre of the lid.
- Finish off the eye makeup with another coat of mascara.
- Use at least 2 coats of Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam 13 ..
- to get that kind of finish.
And you are done! 🙂
For evening outfit, I just changed my day bag to a clutch. And I threw on a cosy knit that’d keep me warm, and my hands free. And I continued wearing my tons of rings for both day and evening. 🙂
Outfit 1 :
Skirt : Mango ; Shirt & Shoes : Zara ; Bag : Gucci Lady Buckle
Skirt, Knit : Mango ; Shoes : Zara ; Clutch : Alexander Wang
Some useful links to know more about Maybelline Lip Polishes :