This is the first waterproof liquid eyeliner I have used. Before this I had used Lakme Insta Liner which claims to be a water resistant but is not. If you cry the liner flows with your tears and you end up having the liner all over your face.
This being the first waterproof liner that I purchased, I was pretty happy with it. It was available in two colors then – Black & Brown. I bought Black. I could hardly make out any difference between black and brown.
Weight: 7.3 ml. I think I bought it for Rs 350 (Indian Rupees).
No Product ingredients mentioned on the bottle.
What I like about Maybelline Ultra Waterproof Liquid Liner:
- It is intense black
- The color does not fade easily.
- It’s waterproof
- It is easy to remove
- It dries quickly
- It can create the look you want easily
- It stays on long
Eyeliner Application Tips
- Keep an ear bud handy while you are applying it, so you can correct mistakes right away before it dries.
- While applying keep the brush parallel/or at some angle to the eye lid. I find it easier to apply it this way than to have my brush perpendicular to my eyelid.
What I don’t like about Maybelline Ultra Waterproof Liquid Liner:
- I wish it had a better sturdy brush. I find the brush a bit flimsy. If it weren’t that flimsy, I would have to focus just on the stroke while applying on my eye. The brush is kind of distracting.
- If worn on a hot for long, it tends to flake off.
I have been using Maybelline Ultra Waterproof Liquid Liner for over a year now and it hasn’t dried but it has started to thicken now :(.
I have seen people wear liquid liner on their lower lash line as well. Being a contact lenses wearer I didn’t dare to try that out so I don’t know if this is good for the lower lash line or not. But usually liquid liners are not recommended for lower lash line.
This liner is any day better than the liner I had used before. I have no problems with this liner except for the flimsy brush. As there are many felt tip brush eyeliners now in the market, I would surely want to try them out once this one is over.
I would recommend this product.
My Rating: for Maybelline Ultra Waterproof Liquid Liner
This was the first eyeliner that I purchased. Being a student then, I had a limited budget. Going by the brand presence that Lakme has even today, I blindly purchased this one. I didn’t know the difference between waterproof and non-waterproof liners then. I remember the store assistant showing me two eyeliners one being the Lakme Insta Liner and the other being Lakme High Definition Eyeliner . She said the former one was water resistant and the later waterproof. I could not figure out what the difference between water resistant and waterproof. The only difference I noticed was between the two of them was the price and packaging. I chose Lakme Insta Liner as it was cheaper. I paid Rs 50 for 9 ml bottle. The other one costed Rs 100 then. I don’t know what the current cost is.
The Lakme Instaliner says:
- Lightweight and comfortable eye make-up for perfect definition.
- Water resistant formula ensures no smudging and smearing.
My experience with Lakme Insta Liner:
This was my first and worst experience with eyeliner. It was such a disappointment from Lakme.
What I like about this product:
- Intense black color.
- It is not pricey
What I don’t like about this product:
- It is not at all water resistant.
- It takes ages to dry. I need to sit under a fan or fan myself with a book for at least 5 minutes after application. If I open my eyes before I would have some wet liner on my brow bone.
- It is extremely messy. Smudges like anything.
- When you try to remove it- with water or cleansing milk, it leaves your entire eye area black. I looked like I had panda eyes :(.
- You can’t afford to sweat or cry once you have the liner on.
- It thickens quite quickly.
- While applying I have to dip it more than once. Could not achieve one stroke in one go. The Extra fine brush is not capable of retaining more liquid on to it.
- If it gets into your eye, your eyes burn like anything. Not for Contact lenses wearers.
I would never buy this product. I lost my faith in Lakme eyeliners. Lakme seems to be increasing the cost of its products at an exponential rate and the quality is going down at faster rate.
Lakme has introduced many more eyeliners after this in various colors. The Lakme eye artist pen is a favorite amongst people these days. I have heard many good things about it. But I am scared to try my hands on Lakme again. I‘ll probably wait for a review of it before buying it.
I ran out of Black color in my college painting competition, I used this eyeliner instead. I could not find a better way of getting rid of this eyeliner :).
My rating for the Lakme Insta Liner:
Image sources: Lakme and Maybelline official websites
By – Anoma
Anoma and Tanveer, will do the eyeartist pen review withn this week. :)-Rati