Maybelline Watershine Liquid Diamonds Lipgloss: Precious Lilac
Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well 🙂
I love lipglosses and lip balms. I somehow prefer them to lipsticks (I hope Neha doesn’t read this confession 😉 )
Maybelline was the company from which I bought my first clear lipgloss and our relationship continues. My recent purchase is the Maybelline Watershine LipGloss. I always like pink shades with a hint of brown. Though this doesn’t fall in that category, I somehow liked this one a lot. It is a cross between pink and lilac.
My Take on Maybelline Watershine Liquid Diamonds Lipgloss
I know it looks baby pink in the swatch but it comes out almost clear on the lips with a slight hint of pink. It is glossy enough and the shimmer is not over the top. In fact it is barely visible on the lips. Can you see the shimmer in the below pics? When blended the shimmer is barely visible.
And yes, it is a bit sticky. I’m yet to find a lipgloss that is not sticky. Maybe glossiness and stickiness go hand in hand in lip glosses ;P. In fact, I really don’t mind it so much now. Once you remove the gloss, it doesn’t leave your lips a little dry. I’ve found this problem in a few lip glosses.
• It is suitable for evenings and with bold eye make up which in my case is a thick eyeliner and kajal :D.
• If you have an unflattering pink/mauve lipstick, you can use this over the top of the lipstick to make it more wearable.
There are other lovely shades in this range and two of them have already been reviewed here.
What I liked about Maybelline Watershine Liquid Diamonds Lipgloss
• The product did not irritate or harm the lips.
• Mild Fruity fragrance.
• Neither very sticky nor very drying when applied.
• Stays on for 1 to 2 hours if you do not eat or drink anything. After that you will have to reapply.
• Color – With what I have experienced, this will suit everyone. Even if you feel that it doesn’t suit you, you can always use it with lipsticks.
• Simple and neat packaging with a very useful applicator. Sealed packing.
• Available in all major malls and supermarkets.
• Variety of colors to choose from and affordable.
• It has very subtle shimmering particles. Nothing over the top.
Things that could have been better
• The color totally vanishes after 2 hours. The color being light, you can hardly find any traces of the beautiful color after sometime.
• Leaves the lips a bit dry after removing the gloss.
• Ingredient list is not there.
I would anytime rate this product 4 on 5.
In all, a neat gloss for a neat price. The other cons except for the third one can easily be overlooked 😛
Will I buy it again? Yes but some other color.
If you are a gloss person, you would like the Water Shine Range. Do check it out 🙂
Have a nice day everyone!
Maybelline Watershine Pure Lipstick
Maybelline Watershine Lipstick Rose Jam
Maybelline Lip Gloss Water Shine Liquid Diamond Slims
Maybelline Water Shine Pure Lipstick RB21 Burgundy
Maybelline Fruity Jelly LipGloss
Avon Glimmersticks Diamonds Eyeliner
Clinique Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation
18 Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss
Colorbar Star Gloss Lipgloss Ripe Apple
Maybelline Color Sensational LipGloss