I always heard rave reviews about Oriflame products especially their skin care range, from friends and family members. So, when I recently spotted an Oriflame store I was pleasantly surprised at first because I didn’t know that they had retail outlets. I selected some products from the online catalog and hit the store. What I found out on reaching there is that it isn’t actually a retail outlet but the authorized Oriflame store from where the Oriflame representatives collected their stuff on order. On asking, a very friendly representative told me that I need to “become-a –representative” to fetch products from there even if it’s for personal use. She guided me through the entire process and I became an Oriflame representative!!! I placed an order for the following stuff:
1) Optimals White Peel off Mask
2) Oriflame Beauty Matt Perfection Brush
3) Giordani Gold Mineral Loose Powder Brush
4) Oriflame Beauty Eyelash curler
5) Oriflame Beauty Nail Tip Guide
6)Optimals White Night cream (for my Mom)
7) Rebel Body Spray (for my Dad)
8) Oriflame Chiffon Body Cream
I actually went there for product no. 2, 3 and 6 and ended up buying all these because some of these are having whopping discount on them for this festive season. I haven’t used the peel off mask yet, and Mom has just started using the night cream and I think it won’t be fair to comment on it right now. So I will write about the rest.
1. Oriflame Beauty Matt Perfection Brush (Price Rs189): I intended to buy the Oriflame brush kit which I saw in a previous catalogue-priced at Rs298. However it wasn’t available and so I opted for this brush. It is just an awesome brush (well till now I have had “brush-ups” with only Vega brushes and a Chinese one which is feather soft). The Oriflame brush is just like one I wanted-it has soft silky and thick bristles, a correct handle length( I find using brushes with long or ones with stubby handles real difficult to use), and it looks pretty too! Sad Sad Sad!!! The Oriflame giordani mineral powder brush wasn’t available. I was so disappointed because there was a flat Rs120 off on that for this monthL.
2. Eyelash curler (Price Rs129): It is a supercute curler (normally the “machine” looks like a surgical tool but this one somehow manages to look prettyJ ). It’s my first experience with an eyelash curler and I was pleasantly surprised to see how it makes my lashes look girly-n-curly.
3. Rebel Body Spray (Price Rs149): It has a masculine fragrance, not different from the commonly available AXE or Gillette but the quantity (75 ml) could have been moreL. Nothing much to rave about.
4. Oriflame Beauty Nail tip guide (Price: Rs49): These are the strips for French manicure. It’s hard to find French manicure nail strips at our place and I find them always coming with a full manicure set. Also it said “last time in catalogue” and so I decided to try one. I like the semicircular ones but don’t know how to use the V shaped onesL. There are 20 semicircular and 20 V shaped strips.
5. Oriflame Chiffon Body Cream (Price Rs349): This is the product that made me happiest-in its quality and quantity (250 ml). It says it’s made in Poland (my fav German footballer is also from Poland J) and is a dream cream-soft smooth with a beautiful mild flowery fragrance-makes skin satin soft and the softness stays for long. It comes in a cute round tub big enough to last at least 2 months with daily use. The original price is given as Rs449 but with this month’s offer it came for Rs349.
Recommendations: Oriflame Chiffon Body Cream (4+/5), Oriflame Beauty Accessories (all 3+/5), Rebel Body Spray (2/5)
I am not serious about being a real representative-but then being one has certain benefits if you have such an authorized outlet nearby. For example you get certain percentage discount on the catalog price..well that is supposed be the share of profit for representatives, and I got a total discount of about Rs250 (on catalog price) on purchasing stuff worth Rs1000. Ain’t that great??? Also no weeklong wait for products to arrive and you can see some sample products on display in the store and have an idea of their quantity (no after-purchase-shock J ). You also get feedback on products from other representatives-this helps a lot in “blind-shopping”. If I buy any Oriflame product in future, I hope to pick them up directly like this.