If you are wearing one of those gorgeous net sarees to the wedding of your best friend or your sister, you would always be the center of attraction in the crowd! But what makes net sarees so special? Of course, it is the best way to hold on to the Indian tradition in the most modern way, while you still look sensuous, stylish beautiful and elegant! The laces, sequins, needle work, embroidered patterns and shimmers glare through this transparent material to drape your body in the most seductive color in an attractive way. What else can you look for in your party wear?
What Makes Net Sarees A Perfect Party Wear?
Well, the reasons are many and varied; here are the top five reasons:
1. This flimsy fabric drapes around your body in an alluring manner to accentuate your features.
2. They are available in a variety of colors and designs. Whether you want a fabulous golden or a dark maroon, a florescent green or an ocean blue, a classic black or a serene white, you find them in every possible shade with the embroidery of your choice.
3. A family function means a lot of fun and an eye for details. And is detailing possible without the right kind of accessories? Well, net sarees are perfect to be matched with the most dazzling jewelry you can think of. Pair it with your favorite stilettos and embellished clutch bags and you are ready to steal the show.
4. Net sarees are perfect for every occasion. Whether it is your friend’s birthday party or your brother’s wedding ceremony, the sequins, patch-works, embroideries and fabric flowers intertwine with the delicate net to give you a dreamy look.
5. India is a land of big fat weddings! The lovely net sarees are absolutely in keeping with the lavishness of these marriage ceremonies. Worn with a beautifully-tailored blouse and satin petty-coat, you look awesome in nets.
How To Wear Your Net Saree In Your Favorite Colors
When it comes to wearing a net saree, a satin petticoat of the base color and the right kind of jewelry is an absolute necessity. While these trendy net sarees are to be found in every possible hue, here is a guide to wearing them in the top five favorite party-wear shades and combinations of all times:
• The Fascinating Red Net Saree: Red is the color of the Indian bride. So, what can be better than a mesmerizing red embroidered net saree when it comes to wedding parties? Pair it with a full-sleeved conservative, deep-cut or a halter-neck red blouse and carry a clutch bag of the color of the border. Accessorize with heavy silver jewelry and you are set to draw all the eyes on you!
• The Classic Black And Red Net Saree: Black suits every occasion and season. So, you would benefit in every way if your wardrobe has a classic black saree with a typical red combination. The black-red amalgamation is ever green and it is never going to be outdated. Just pair it with a red purse, red bangles and earrings to captivate the hearts that look at you!
• The Serene White Net Saree: For a pure and chaste look, go for a white net saree. Look stylish by pairing it with a white sleeveless blouse and white sequined purse. Wear silver or white gold and paint your fingers in a contrasting color. Your look will soothe every eye that beholds the beauty walking the red carpet!
• The Gorgeous Golden Net Saree: Whether you are married or you are happily single, golden is ever-gorgeous with all its dazzle and shine. An embroidered clutch-bag and classic golden jewelry with minakari embellishments are all you can think of to be the queen of every throbbing heart!
• The Azure-Green Net Saree: The color has a sense of mermaid-like beauty in it! If you can be the angel in your house, what is the harm in being a mermaid in the party? Drape yourself in an exquisite bluish green net saree and fill the evening with innocent frivolity!
Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
Saree Shopping Experience with Utsav Sarees
Saree: Types of Sarees
My Saree Collection for Cousin’s Wedding
Kerala Saree/ Kasavu Saree
Makeup Suggestion for Kanjeevaram Saree: Ask IMBB
Saree: Sizzling Indian Sarees for Diwali
Saree and Blouses Collection, Blouse Styles
Sarees and Suits for Diwali
Saree Blouse Design Ideas
Tips To Preserve Silk Sarees & My Silk Saree Collection
The Charming World of Sarees
The Bengali Bride – Wedding Rituals, Sarees and More
My Bangles Collection for Traditional Sarees
IMBB and Sareez.com Present: ‘Win a $200 Saree’ Contest!
72 thoughts on “Why Are Net Sarees Perfect For Parties?”
I guess I wrote the article Rati :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa:
u did 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐 😐
My name not showing 🙁 Jomol’s name is being shown :waaa: :waaa:
sorriiieeeee . i corrected. :puchhi:
O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) O:)
now that my name is being displayed, Rati…this is for uuuuuuuuu :puchhi: :puchhi: :puchhi: :puchhi: :puchhi: :puchhi:
i love net sarees somreeta. I have 3-4 of them. each worn only once 😐 but i still prefer them over any other saree … they are easy to carry also. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
very true Rati 🙂 i looooooove them too!! in fact, im wearing one in my Display Pic too :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
it’s an orange colour one?
nope….the color is very similar to the first pic in the article…neither orange, nor pink!! a shade deeper though!! 😉 😉
” you are married or you are happily single ” :hunterwali:
Im happily in a relationship :shying: :shying: but not yet married :haanji: :haanji: :haanji:
you marry fast fast now.. :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! nice suggestion….but cant till i have completed my b.ed and bagged a job!!! may be next year…planning so!!! 🙂
good luck!! :waytogo: :waytogo: 🙂
net Saress are just awesum.. even i had worn one on my cousins wedding… and got so many compliments for the saree look… :jiggy1: :jiggy1: :jiggy1: i was green bandhej print with red net on the pallu.. just amazing sarreee( ona form shanaya’s creations..)loved the colour combo of the sareee… :pompom: :pompom: :pompom:
i too wore one for my best frnd’s wedding :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
thats gr8.. :D:D:D n u r looking pretty in ur DP :makeup: :makeup: :makeup:
hey Poonam :thanks: btw, this is my net saree and it was on my frnd’s wedding 😉
Love d the sarress in first and the last pic… me too want themm…. :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa:
Poonammmmm!!! My net saree of the color in the 1st pic :tongue: hehehe…the embroidery and sequins are more in mine than this one and mine looks better i feel :yahoo: :yahoo: hehehe!!!!!!!! :pompom: :pompom:
somreeta dear i m gonna loott away the sarreee from u.. :phoolan: :phoolan: :phoolan: :phoolan:
no no…Poonam!!! pity me…lady!! don’t :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
and if u try………..here i am!! ready to defend!! :duel: :duel: :duel: :duel:
:jiggy1: :jiggy1: Nice article I have one in Black and red :jiggy1: :jiggy1:
Hey Pooja!!! :thanks: :thanks:
Arre mujhe ek chahiye, i wanted to buy one net sea green saree but my boy friend gave me I will kill you stare so didnt buy, he didnt let me and will not let me buy it yaar, kya karoon? :waaa: :waaa: :methinks: Awesome pics ! :thumbsup:
Thanx Taps!!!me toh love them all and had a tough time selecting!!!!!!!! there r sooooooooooo many excellent pics of net sarees here in internet!!
Taps, get someone to gift it for you…he cant fault you for that eh??? :toothygrin:
Not done Taps.. :spank: :spank: :spank: u should go with ur girlie frnzz to get that sarreee.. shopping is our Birth right … and we must fight for it… :duel: :duel: :duel: :duel:
Lol Poonam :lol2: Birthright????????????? BTW, U know my mom is my best shopping partner……..and my special one too supports me a lot wen it comes to shopping :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
wowww.. thats gr8.. hats off to ur special one .. :jaiho: :jaiho: :jaiho: my husband to run away if get into any shop to look for sarees or shoppinng. :(( :(( :((…
:balle: :balle: LOL….tel ur husband how much u miss him during ur shopping spree and that, ur shopping is never complete without him!! 🙂 buttering u know…!!! 😛
my mommy too my bast shopping partner…….. who’ll help me in sasural i wonder 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥
O Sugi!!! im sure u wil stil manage time to go out wit ur mom and u wil have ur saas too!! saas these days r good and friendly 🙂 and ur hubby darling wil be there always :cheers:
Recently I developed so much love for the net sarees.. I got around 2-3 recently and I have 1 in black and 1 in white too 😀
I toh have been in love with them………alwayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyysssssssss!! :woot:
nice detail write up somreeta :thumbsup: ….i too have 3-4 net sarees 😀 …n majorly use net in 4d colors even for my clients :thumbsup: …i use net for dresses also…..n true net is easier to carry compared to other fabrics…. :))
very true Dimpi!! its so colorful and convenient!!! dats the best part :)) thanks dear
I have many nest sarees & love wearing them coz they r so light & easy to carry………only thing one has to ensure is that the blouse has to be well made
Ya…dats a real tension!! :chewnails :chewnails
i love my net sarees………….. manageable and looks nice on all……..i have only 3 :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa: :waaa:
come on Sim!! u have threeeeeeeeee!! i have only 2 :teddy: ..one full net and one half net 🙂 so, i think i have one and a half net sarees!! 😛 only half of three 😐
me have also one and half in these three……… georgette+net pallu……. 😉 😉 so total me have 2.5 :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars:
LOL Sim!!! then u r only 1 saree ahead!! 😛
Nice write-up Somreeta!
I think the biggest trouble in wearing a net saree is that you should not have a paunch! I have to stop eating rice and do crunches everyday for a month if I have to wear any of my net sarees! 🙂
Thanks Dnyanashree 🙂 BTW…u r so right!!! a bulge in belly can be a prob!!!! but i cant live widout rice 🙁
love all the sarees… and love the earrings with the white net one!
How did u manage to see that Shai????????? :jaiho:
oops sorry the earrings with the golden saree.
ya 🙂 tell me that!!! after seeing ur comment, i tried looking at the white saree ka earrings and almost squinted :stars: :stars: i love it tooooooooooo!!!
:waaa: i want all of these and a figure to carry them off
Nehaaaaaaaaa!! u beating me???? :bash: :bash: :bash: even im wondering how and u still beating me?? :bash:
Nice one Somreeta 🙂 My 1st net saree occassion for a coming-too-soon function is fast approaching :waiting: and I cant wait to try it…
wow..then this article came just at the right time Vaishnavi!!! hai na??? im sure u gonna enjoy all the attention 🙂
i’ve the 2nd one :yahoo: :yahoo: only light green replaces the peachy pink :toothygrin:
Dats great Jyo!! wats the design for ur blouse? full sleeve only, like the model?
i dnt have even one saree…………….. :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
gift me… someone… :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
sugi!!! the festive season is coming soon!!! October!!! Also december time…..get one..fast fast 😉 😉
i have a bful mauve net saree, love it to the core, planning to buy more soon :yahoo: :yahoo: :toothygrin: btw nice article somreeta :waytogo:
I have the net saree shown in the 2nd pic!! :yahoo: I got it from Jashn 3-4 months back!! blacks are my all time favorites but like the green one here too!
Jashn!!! I love their designs!!! :toothygrin: i have the one like the 1st pic :teddy:
mermaid look … :woot: :woot: :woot: by blue-green net saree is of my farewell party look :jiggy2: :preen:
I wore pink saree on my school farewell party… but wasn’t satisfied with my look :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: although it wasnt a disaster but i wasnt satisfied either.. :specs:
thanx Somreeta :puchhi: :puchhi: :puchhi: :puchhi:
:thanks: :thanks: Yes my dear………all the best for ur saree hunting :waytogo: :waytogo:
by now m in search of blue green net saree.. my clg farewel look… :jog: :jog: :jog: :jog:
oh from now on… today’s my mistake day.. he he he :toothygrin:
I luv net sareess.. n got my first net sareee in the color shown in the last pic :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: .. never worn it though .. planning to wear in a marriage in feb n also planning to buy a black net saree :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: ..
luved ur article somreeta… :love: :love: :love: :love:
:thanks: Nids 🙂 These colors r like all-time favorites for net sarees!
Can anyone tell me frm whr I cud get a net sari like the white one or like the one Rani mukherjee wore in Kabhi Alvida na Kahna..! I have been searching for it for quite a long time in Kolkata :ghost2:
Nice article..everyone loves net saree.. I too have white net saree with red rose embroidery on border and pallu. My favorite saree ,but now m planning to make gown of it. Anyone can give some idea how to sew a gown ?