By Poorva Shukla
When I recently went for a haircut, my hair-stylist pointed out how dry my hair is. My hair has always been oily, but these were my first winters in such a cold area (Minnesota). The cold winds and moisture wrenching heaters have played havoc on my hair. So, I went in the hunt for a moisturizing shampoo good enough for my fine and oily hair, which is when this shampoo caught my eyes, and I picked up a huge bottle going by my gut feeling.
Experience Nexxus Luxury. Scientifically Developed. Salon Proven. Nexxus Ultimate Moisture Products restore and maintain vital moisturization, leaving hair touchably soft with a vibrant healthy look. Therappe Shampoo, for salon performance and advanced moisturization, is specially formulated with Rosemary, Camomile and Nettle. It gently cleanses for nourished, healthy looking hair.
Directions To Use:
Apply shampoo into damp hair. Massage into hair and scalp. Rinse with lukewarm water. Follow with Humectress Ultimate Moisture Conditioner.
Around $20 for 44 oz bottle (at Costco, which is kind of a wholesale shop). $10.99 for 13.5 oz bottle online.
I have written down the ingredients as I was not able to capture all of the ingredients clearly because of large circumference of bottle.
Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Disterate, Polyquaternium-10, Peg-6, Caprilyc/Capril Glycerides, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Cocamide Mea, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta, Dmdm Hydatoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ppg-9.
The shampoo comes in a tall cylindrical pump dispenser, as most shampoos of this size are available in. The body of the bottle is sturdy and the pump is smooth.
My Experience with Nexxus Therappe Ultimate Moisture Shampoo:
I have been using Nexxus Therappe Ultimate Moisture Shampoo for over a month, and I am loving every bit of it; from the fragrance to how soft it makes my hair. It is white in color and has the perfect consistency for a shampoo. It has a pleasant flowery coconut-ish fragrance. The fragrance actually gives me a salon kind of feeling 😉 but it is not very overwhelming after you are done with shampooing. Only a little quantity of shampoo is required to clean even heavily oiled hair (yes, I try to oil my hair before every wash).
Now, I have to no longer worry about my hair getting dry in winters, but I think I will go back to Tresemme shampoo in summers (as I have oily hair, and I loved Tresemme during summers). But those with normal/dry hair should be able to enjoy it throughout the year.
Pros of Nexxus Therappe Ultimate Moisture Shampoo:
- Justifiable price for quality, and small quantity required.
- Amazing fragrance.
- Lives to its claim of restoring and maintaining moisture, and leaving hair soft and healthy looking.
- A small quantity is required, as it lathers a lot and cleanses hair effectively without over-drying it.
- Can possibly skip conditioner after it (I have oily hair, so I anyway do not use conditioner).
- Initially, I felt that it will weigh down my fine hair, but it does not do so.
- I have noticed a noticeable reduction in hair fall, though it may be just due its moisturizing properties.
- Not sure about its availability in stores in India, but it is easily available online.
Cons of Nexxus Therappe Ultimate Moisture Shampoo:
- Produces a lot of lather, which may be a point of concern for some.
- Might not be suitable for oily hair, as it is a moisturizing shampoo.
- Price is on the higher end.
- Is not SLES free.
- Ingredient list on the back of the bottle and on the website differ. I mentioned (and I believe in) what is mentioned at the back of the bottle.
- The big bottle is not travel friendly.
I will definitely recommend Nexxus Therappe Ultimate Moisture Shampoo for those with normal/dry/damaged hair. Yet to find out if it will suit oily hair in summers too (and I have plenty of it left, so will definitely try it in summers and let you rocking people know).
Nexxus Pro Mend Split End Binding Bodifying Mousse
Nexxus Pro Mend Heat Protection Styling Spray
Nexxus ProMend Split End Binding Targeted Leave-In Treatment Creme
Lush Ultimate Shine Solid Shampoo
Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Oil Elixir Shampoo
L’oreal Professionnel Liss Ultime Shampoo
Pantene Daily Moisture Repair Shampoo
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Shampoo
The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo
L’Oreal Power Moisture Hydrating Shampoo
L’Oreal EverCreme Sulfate-Free Moisture System Nourishing Shampoo
Finesse Self Adjusting Moisturizing Shampoo