Hair Type: Wavy, colored, frizz-prone
This hair oil-cum-serum has such a long name and the brand claims that it can be used in up to five ways. Let’s find out how it worked for me.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
All hair deserves a second chance at soft, silky perfection. Get it with this multi-tasking oil, a powerful formula blend with argan oil and silk proteins for hair that looks supple and luxurious.
Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Silk Amino Acids, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum), Red 17 (CI 26100), Yellow 11 (CI 47000)
My Experience with Ogx Argan Oil of Morocco Extra Strength Miracle In-Shower Oil:
Packaging: It comes in an “easy to use” packaging. The nozzle has a lock and dispenses the right amount of product. The packaging has all the product related information and is quite travel friendly too.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Consistency: This might be an ‘oil’ but it is super lightweight. It spreads easily on hair and gets absorbed like magic. It does not make my hair greasy or oily, even if I use a little extra. This can be used by all hair types in various ways.
How To Use:
1. Pre Shampoo – I have used it as my regular hair oil and it worked pretty well. My hair felt silky and smooth after shampoo. It could not control my frizz, though, and I still had to use my regular hair serum.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
2. Moisture Boost – This is an excellent way to use it. Does your hair feel dry and rough after shampoo? Try this serum. Just add a few drops, not too many, to your shampoo and then use it. Your hair will still be cleansed but moisturised.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
3. Conditioner Boost – You can add it to your regular conditioner to give it a boost. Just add a few drops to your conditioner to increase its efficacy.
4. Leave In – I use when my hair is damp and it works as a good leave-in product. My hair overall feels and looks prettier but it cannot keep my hair tangle-free without my serum. So, I have to apply a serum when my hair is damp and then, later on, have to apply this oil, which is too much. I apply it after straightening my hair and it adds radiance and softness to my hair. It cannot really control frizz a lot. I would say it’s not a great leave-in oil for frizz-prone hair.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
5. On Body – It is a lightweight yet very moisturising oil but I would not use it on my body because of the price. Even lotions and other natural oils can keep my skin moisturised.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
Overall, I think it is a good product but not a must-have for everyone. Since I have frizz-prone hair, it has not worked perfectly for me. I love using it along with my shampoo and conditioner and after straightening my hair but it cannot keep frizz under control like a good leave-in conditioner. Next time, I would rather buy pure argan oil to nourish my hair, especially the ends.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
Pros of Ogx Argan Oil of Morocco Extra Strength Miracle In-Shower Oil:
- Good packaging.
- Super lightweight.
- Gets absorbed super quickly.
- Multipurpose product.
- Lovely floral fragrance.
- Boosts hair health.
- Makes hair shiny and smooth.
- Does not make hair or scalp greasy.
Cons of Ogx Argan Oil of Morocco Extra Strength Miracle In-Shower Oil:
- Cannot keep hair tangle free.
- Not the best leave-in conditioner.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Ogx Argan Oil of Morocco Extra Strength Miracle In-Shower Oil?
No. This is not an essential for me. You can give it a try if you’re looking for something new. I feel this one would work better on thin hair.
Organix Moroccan Argan Oil
OGX Extra Strength Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo
OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Extra Strength Creamy Hair Butter
OGX Extra Strength Argan Oil of Morocco Conditioner
Dove Nourishing Care Shower Oil
Forest Essentials Nargis Bath and Shower Oil
L’occitane Almond Shower Oil