WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Oriflame Beauty Face Primer
I was an alien to this thing called “primer” before I joined IMBB. I never knew a thing of this sort ever existed. Since, I am totally aware/ in awe of it now, I bought myself this primer from Oriflame.
Why I chose oriflame face primer?
First, My skin is sensitive therefore I prefer the one that contains light formula, the one that has less chemical substance. Oriflame products claim to be high on natural ingredients, and secondly, I didn’t have to go out and shop for it, the oriflame consultant came over to my place, she already had one, so I got it from her.. simple 🙂
What the product claims?
Lightweight lotion formulated with silicones to soften, soothe and mattify skin. Make-up glides on and stays fresh all day. Apply under foundation or powder. Can also be used as a base for eyeshadow
Beauty professionals know that the way to a perfect finish is a properly prepared skin. Using trade secrets, Oriflame has developed the Face Primer. It creates an even, invisible layer that keeps foundation fresh all day.
Swatch of the primer
AQUA, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, TALC, CAPRYLYL METHICONE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, POLYETHYLENE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, SILICA, ETHYLENE BRASSYLATE, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, DISODIUM EDTA, DIMETHICONE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, CI 77891
Price RS. 298 for 30 ml of quantity
MY experience with this oriflame face primer
This face primer certainly lives up to being lightweight and doesn’t leave my skin looking greasy. I have used it on three occasions and it has not broken me out. I have tried this under both a liquid foundation and just a powder; I personally feel it works better under a liquid foundation as it actually does allow the foundation to ‘glide on’ easily and makes it long wear.. This further, means that I can apply less foundation than otherwise required. Just yesterday, I mixed this with my daily moisturizer and a drop of foundation and it gave a nice glow /dewy effect for good 3-4 hours.. For me, the only thing that could be added to this face primer is sun protection but one way around this would be to use a day cream containing sun protection first thing.
I’ would recommend this primer to all beginners like me if you ’are not looking for something more luxurious. I consider it to be a budget primer at this price.
Quickly, I will summarise its pros and cons
What I like about Oriflame Face Primer?
- The texture is smooth and creamy, glides on the face very easily
- MY skin is acne prone and sensitive, but it did not break me out
- Fairly Priced at Rs. 298 for good 30 ml of quantity
- The tube type packaging is very convenient to use. It has a thin nozzle on its mouth , I can squeeze out the quantity required very easily
- Also, the packaging is sleek, and that makes it easy to carry in your bag
- It can also be used as an eye shadow base, so you need not buy one separately
What I didn’t like about oriflame face primer?
- Has no spf
- Being an oriflame product it is available only through their agents. The lady, also mentioned that it is their most sort after product, out of stock most of times. And thus, she gave it to me at full MRP, with no discount . 🙁
- Contains parabens, but again most of the cosmetics do..
Will I buy it again?
I may, when the product comes on some discount or scheme as the Oriflame lady says. I just got to know that Maybelline has a face primer too. I will buy that once I am half way with this.
Have you used Oriflame Face Primer? Please rate in the box below.
Also Read :
- Maybelline Whitestay UV Base Review
- Poll: Do you use face primers?
- Ask IMBB Gang : Difference between Primer and Base
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer