WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
My mom has just started using anti-ageing creams after years of just sticking on to Lakme and Ponds moisturizers. She has dry skin and due to being in her 40s; has developed fine wrinkles. After explaining to her, the significance about anti-ageing creams for people in their 40s, she has let me experiment on her with various anti-ageing creams. I had always my eyes on the costly creams in the Oriflame catalogue and the Diamond Anti-Ageing Cream was particularly the one which I was watching out for. This time, I decided to buy it for my mom since I was getting it at a very good price and this Diamond Elixir cream is specifically formulated for women in their 40s. Here’s the review after letting my mom use it for over one month now.
WHAT THE CATALOGUE SAYS ABOUT ORIFLAME DIAMOND CELLULAR ANTI-AGEING CREAM WITH DIAMOND ELIXIR:
Diamond Cellular Anti-Ageing Cream combines advanced technology and luxurious ingredients to target all the effects of ageing for younger looking skin. Provides all the skin’s needs in one product. Your skin appears younger, firmer, and brighter. Wrinkles and fine lines appear plumped out. Facial contours look redefined. This exceptional beauty treatment contains a DIAMOND ELIXIR and an ETERNAL BEAUTY COMPLEX that work together to fight against the visible signs of ageing for a younger looking skin.
DIAMOND ELIXIR contains the most luxurious ingredients combined with a targeting active to bring luminosity and evenness to the skin by helping to combat discoloration and dullness:
• Diamond powder helps to brighten and soothe the skin.
• White Truffle helps to improve skin complexion whilst having a tonifying and smoothening effect on wrinkles.
• Skin brightening active reduces uneven pigmentation revealing an evened out skin tone.
ETERNAL BEAUTY COMPLEX is composed of state-of-the-art anti-ageing and anti-oxidants actives to help reinforce skin natural defenses whilst re-texturing and smoothing skin surface.
• Myrtle extract acts at a cellular level to extend cell life, restore cell production and limit the loss of essential proteins such as collagen thus helping to increase cell longevity and diminish cell ageing.
• Protein complex stimulates skin cells and restore cell function. It increases skin firmness and has been proven to significantly reduce wrinkles.
PRICE: Rs. 2100 for 50 mL.
INGREDIENTS THAT STAND OUT IN ORIFLAME DIAMOND CELLULAR ANTI-AGEING CREAM WITH DIAMOND ELIXIR:
Pisum Sativum Extract
Myrtus Communis Extract
Tuber Aestivum Extract
Helichrysum Stoechas Extract
PRICE: Rs. 2100 (but I got it at a much lower price).
MY TAKE ON ORIFLAME DIAMOND CELLULAR ANTI-AGEING CREAM WITH DIAMOND ELIXIR:
First of all, this Diamond Elixir Anti-Ageing cream didn’t work on me at all. I just applied it for one day and by late evening, ZITS appeared. So, I gave this cream to my mom WHOLEHEARTEDLY. The cream comes in a heavy glass jar with a diamond-cut kind of cap. The cream is of very smooth, light, and butter-type consistency which gets absorbed into the skin easily and leaves the skin perfectly hydrated. After the cream settles in, I could see finely milled particles gleaming on the skin and it’s not shimmer or glitter. I assume that is the diamond powder they are talking about, but then it’s not OTT. It does not make you look like a disco ball or anything, it just adds to the luminosity and it just glistens in the light. I have shown a picture below to show the glistening effect.
Tiny particles that gives the skin “glistening effect.”
The cream has a very strong perfume which becomes nadir after a while. After a month of using this anti-ageing formula, it has become almost empty, so there is not much cream in there for Rs. 2100. Frankly, I had expected drastic changes, but then I was disappointed. The cream did work in adding luminosity and improving the texture a bit, but then nothing extraordinary and up to my expectations, and for a high price of Rs. 2100, I expected a hell lot of changes. I wouldn’t call it the best anti-ageing cream and for someone who gets conscious with millions of stars shining on her face, it’s not the best buy either.
PROS OF ORIFLAME DIAMOND CELLULAR ANTI-AGEING CREAM WITH DIAMOND ELIXIR:
• Smooth, lightweight, buttery cream that just vanishes into the skin giving it a nice healthy suppleness (dry skin I am talking about).
• Extremely hydrating.
• Has a lot of natural ingredients including diamond powder they say (:idk).
• After using for one month, there is noticeable change in skin texture and quality, but not drastic, definitely does not match up to the price.
• Attractive packaging.
CONS OF ORIFLAME DIAMOND CELLULAR ANTI-AGEING CREAM WITH DIAMOND ELIXIR:
• Strong scent that might not go down well with many.
• Lot of glistening particles that stick to the skin and twinkle.
• NOT FOR OILY SKINNED PEOPLE….it broke me out.
• Less quantity for the label price.
• Does not do anything great for the skin.
• Not the best anti-ageing cream.
WILL I PURCHASE IT AGAIN: No.
: 2/5…..+2 for the very impressive ingredient list and that’s it.