WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
FUNday:Polka Dot NEW YEAR nail art tutorial
Hi everyone..this is a super easy nail art that I did for new year..
1) a metallic nail polish.i used purple.(you can use any dark metallic nail polish)
2) a light coloured non-shimmery nail polish.i used green.(you can use any light coloured non-shimmery nail polish)
3) a sheer sparkly gold/silver nail polish(optional).i used gold.
4) A red nail polish.(you can choose whatever colour you like)
5) A top and base coat(optional)
6) A toothpick.
7) A bindi/zero/eyeliner brush.
8) A pointed q-tip for cleaning.
How to do:
Step 1: first apply a single coat of the sheer gold/silver nail polish.this step is optional.i did it because I wanted some festive glam to my nails.then take the purple nail polish and paint it slantly on the tips of the nails.my thumb nail is long so I painted it like shown in the pic.you can do this to all your nails if they are long.add two coats and let it dry.
Step 2: now take the green nail polish on a plastic lid or any surface you choose and dip the toothpick in it and make dots allover the purple nail polish.(forgot to take pic)
Step 3: now dip the bindi/zero/eyeliner brush in red nail polish and write HNY2011 as shown in the pic or as you wish.my thub nail was left empty..so I added red polka dots allover the empty space.add a top coat and your nail art is ready!
It is super easy to do and takes very less time.hope you all liked it..HAPPY NEW YEAR..:)