These days I am having this urge to buy nail colors, though I don’t use nail colors much. Whenever I go to parlour for pedicure or manicure I just choose a color they have with them and would never apply any color until I go for my next pedicure/manicure session. I have used Revlon nail colors long back and I remember they were good. So again I got a Revlon Nail Enamel in the shade 330 Iced Spice.
The Revlon Nail Enamel costs Rs.130.
The applicator is good and also the nail enamel as such. It glides on easily on my nails. I always prefer 2 coats for my nails and this applicator takes the right amount for every coat so that 2 coats does not mess up my nails. This is a common problem with many nail enamels, if I apply 1 coat it looks good but chips of soon and if i apply 2 coats it becomes too much and gets easily rubbed off. So I tried 2 coats in the shop before buying and it was not as thick as to get rubbed off easily. Without any hesitation I picked this shade as I just loved it. I would say this is a nude light brown shade that can be used for daily wear.
It looks like it has light shimmers but while worn on nails those shimmers are not seen at all. It is not so disappointing as I didn’t get the polish for the shimmers but just the color. The H & G store where I got this didn’t have many shades with them, I was really disappointed. If at all they had had many shades I would have definitely picked another 2 more shades at least.
PROs of Revlon Nail Enamel
• Applicator is really good and easy to use. I like the slim applicators as they are more comfortable to apply two coats than the thick ones which takes too much of the polish.
• Does not chip off easily. It stays on well until I change it next time just because my nails have grown and it looks bad with half plain nails and half polished nails.
• On applying 2 coats it stays well and at the same time does not get easily rubbed off as well. This is the most important thing I expect from any nail color.
• Doesn’t have any strong smell. This is actually a strong reason for people with sensitive nose to get these nail enamels. I expect decent smell from nail enamel and the nail polish remover as well.
• Easily available. You can find this in almost all Health and Glow stores for sure. Also in all major supermarkets.
• The polish in the bottle does not dry quickly. I have the ones that still has not dried or gone sticky even after one year.
CONs of Revlon Nail Enamel
• No big con other than the cost. I don’t think it is not affordable but I wished it was just around Rs.100. I think the Lakme Maybelline and Elle 18 nail enamels are cheaper than these.
My Rating – 4/5
Will I Repurchase? – Yes for sure. I might be getting even the same shade once after this bottle gets over.
Revlon Nail Enamel – New Shades
Revlon Nail Enamel in Midnight Shine
Avon Simply Pretty Nail Wear Pro Nail Enamel Summer Peach
Lotus Herbals Nail Enamel Photos, Swatches- 10 New Shades
Street Wear Color Rich Nail Enamel
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick – Peach
REVLON Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip Color
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation
Revlon New Complexion Foundation