Writing reviews for IMBB made me realize that I own maximum lipsticks from Revlon. It probably is because they really have a wide choice of colours in every type of lipstick that they own. I bought the Revlon super lustrous™ lipstick in Blushed to use as a night time nude lipstick with smoky eyes makeup.
Product Price: Rs 550 for 4.2gms
What the company says about Revlon super lustrous™ lipstick: Infused with mega-moisturizers to seal in color and softness. Find your lip colour amongst a dazzling array of 82 shades in 4 fabulous finishes of Matte, Pearl, Crème and Shine.
• Exclusive LiquiSilk™ formula with mega-moisturizers seals in colour and softness
• Silky-smooth, creamy texture
• Stay true colour wears evenly
My experience with Revlon super lustrous™ lipstick in Blushed:
The lippie comes in a sturdy black plastic packing with a golden band in the centre with Revlon imprinted. The cap has a transparent top which helps one see the colour of the lipstick easily. The cap closes tightly preventing the lipstick from drying. The lipstick is completely fragrance free. You will not detect even a hint of smell.
Blushed is a light brownish pink. Since it is a pearl finish lipstick it contains lots of fine shimmer which makes it look like a frosted shade. It can double up as a nice-looking nude shade for those with pale lips.
The texture of this lipstick is extremely creamy. It glides on easily on my lips. It even moisturises them as claimed by Revlon. It stays on for a couple of hours easily after which it starts fading. Since the colour of the lipstick is really light it does not leave behind any tint. The lipstick itself is quite transferable but since the company does not claim anything about being non-transferable I cannot complain about it.
The lipstick looks extremely frosted on application and washes me out completely. I generally blot it lightly which removes some of its sheen and settles down into a less frosted colour which looks better on me.
Pros of Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Blushed
• Super moisturising which makes it perfect for winters.
• Does not bleed or settle into fine lip lines.
• The cap has a transparent see through top which helps to locate the lipstick easily
• Great pigmentation. Only one swipe is required to get its full intensity
• Good coverage. Hides a lip flaws.
• Stays for about 2-3 hours on me and does not leave behind any tint.
• The lipstick completely fragrance free
• The lipstick does not feel heavy at all
Cons of Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Blushed
• Can be difficult colour to carry since it may not suit all
• Even though it is very moisturising, it also looks very frosted. So I don’t think it can be used in winter.
• Washes me out completely but will suit those with pale lips
• Cannot be used as an everyday wear colour due to the frostiness.
3 / 5
Will I Repurchase Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Blushed?
No… the colour completely washes me out and makes me look ill.
Will I recommend Revlon super lustrous™ lipstick in Blushed?
Yes… for those with pale lips and warmer skin tones. But I would advise you to try it out before buying it.
revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick-323 Baked Brown
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Love That Red
7 Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks From My Collection
10 Red Lipstick Photos and Swatches
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Rosewine Review
Revlon Super Lustrous Crème Lipstick: Blackberry Review
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Raspberry Freeze
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Ginger Rose