Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – 131 Ginger Rose, Review and swatches
This is my first lipstick from Revlon and also one of my favorite. I love the variety of shades the Revlon Super lustrous range of lipsticks has to offer. From pinks to browns to mauves to reds to corals there is something for everyone out there especially for Indian skin tones. These lipsticks come in three finishes – Crème, Lustre and Pearl. Crème has no shimmer and gives a satin finish. Lustre and Pearl finishes have some amount of shimmer in them. I am not a fan of shimmer in my lipsticks as they look too frosty on me.
Ginger Rose is a crème lipstick. It is tough to describe the shade but I‘ll try my best to describe the shade. It is a mixture of pink, peach and brown. It is a peachy pink shade with warm undertones. In the tube it looks like a nude pinky brown shade. I have a typical Indian wheatish skin tone – not dark but not very fair either (I hope that makes some sense). I find it hard to find peachy pink shades that would suit my skin tone – Most of them make me look dull and washed out. I prefer shades which brighten up my face and make me look young and fresh. The texture of this lipstick is to die for- it is super creamy. It is so smooth and creamy that if you happen to apply pressure while applying lipstick you might actually end up breaking it.
What Revlon says:
Infused with mega-moisturizers to seal in color and softness. Find your lip color amongst a dazzling array of 72 fabulous, fashionable shades!
-Exclusive LiquiSilk™ formula with mega-moisturizers seals in color and softness
– Silky-smooth, creamy texture
– Stay true color wears evenly
What I love about Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Ginger Rose
1. 100% true to its claim.
2. The lipstick is super creamy, smooth and soft to apply.
3. The pigmentation is just awesome. One-two swipes and you are done. If you apply more than it starts appearing like a thick layer of lipstick on your lips.
4. It feels very light on lips.
5. It goes on opaque.
6. It is very moisturizing. I have used it with and without balm underneath and its great both ways.
7. The shade selection is excellent. It was tough to narrow down my choices. No other drugstore brand has so many choices to offer. No wonder these lipsticks have been voted a drugstore favorite several times.
8. It does not settle into the fine lines of my lips.
9. It does not bleed.
10. No smell or taste.
11. Pretty long lasting. It lasts for about 3-4 hours (with eating-drinking) after which it starts fading away leaving a tint of color but it is still there.
12. Availability is not an issue.
13. Revlon does not do animal testing.
14. I like how versatile this color is. It works as nude pink lip color for some and an MLBB color for others depending on how pigmented one’s lips are.
15. This particular shade can work for both day and night look. Great for everyday and office wear.
16. This shade works great if you are someone who mixes multiple lipsticks to get your right shade.
17. Comes in small and big sizes in India.
18. The cover has a see through top thereby making it easier to locate if you have multiple lipsticks.
19. This particular shade works great when used as a blush. It gives that natural rosy glow we all die for.
What I don’t like about Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Ginger Rose
1. The Price: The lipstick is totally worth the price and its quality is at par with high end lipsticks. I really like Revlon as a brand for lipsticks but I don’t understand the pricing of Revlon in India. I have seen the prices of existing products increase every time a new product is launched. These lipsticks have been around for many years now and every time I visit a Revlon counter the price is different. Also, Revlon is always on sale abroad with offers like ‘Buy One get One free’ etc and such offers are quite a steal. Wish we had such offers here too.
2. Packaging is tacky and boring. It is outdated now but that doesn’t stop me from buying more of them.
3. I wish the website and the shades available in India were in sync. I don’t see many of the shades we get here on the Revlon website and vice versa. Same with the other products sold by Revlon like makeup tools, brushes which have received rave reviews from other bloggers.
Though this a great color to have in your collection, I would suggest you try it on before buying it. It looks different on different complexions. It can make one look washed out too.
Will I re-purchase? – Yes, I want to dig for pinks from this lipstick range. Do you have any suggestions?
Have you used Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Ginger Rose? Please rate in the box below
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick- Peach
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick Review
Revlon Matte Lipsticks are My New Love
Rima Goes Ga-Ga Over Lipstick
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Review
REVLON Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip Color Review
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Rose Velvet Review, Swatches