There are certain skincare tips that apply to everyone, irrespective of the skin type, and most of them are habits that when cultivated and religiously followed will ensure clear skin in a relatively short time. We are talking about effective tips that do not require pursestrings to be loosened, and are backed by experts and dermatologists. Listed below are some of the best tips to not only get clear, but also to preserve the health and youthfulness of your skin.
1. Switch to Gentle Cleansers: One of the most important steps to include in your daily skin care routine is to cleanse your skin thoroughly, especially before hitting the bedtime. Cleansing helps to eliminate debris, dead skin cells, sebum, pollutants, from the skin. And make sure you are not using soap or harsh cleansers to do the cleansing part. Harsh cleansers and soaps can strip natural oils, disrupt the pH barrier of skin, and cause dryness. If nothing, using besan instead of a store-bought cleanser would work the best – here’s a “Rice Water, Gram Flour and Honey Face Pack” that gently exfoliates and cleanses as well.
2. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize: No matter what your skin type, never forget to moisturize it well. After the cleansing and toning, your skin tends to feel stretchy and dry. To prevent this, use a good moisturizer to hydrate your skin. It will aid your skin repair itself, minimize water loss from the skin and keep it soft and supple. Regular moisturization will provides essential nourishment to the skin and maintain the elasticity of skin. If you have acne-prone skin, do check out this list of “50 Best Moisturisers for Oily Acne Prone Skin.”
3. Look for Antioxidants in Food and Eat a Nutrient-Dense Diet: A nutrient-dense diet nourishes the cells and help maintain the elasticity, suppleness of skin. Including antioxidants in diet prevents cellular damage and helps the skin to regain its youthfulness. You can find such nutrient-dense diet on the Rati Beauty app. Download the app for more details.
4. Sleep on Clean Pillowcases: Pillowcases tend to harbor oil, dirt, dust, and bacteria and they can easily transfer all these things on to our face. If you are having frequent breakouts, make sure you are sleeping on clean pillow cases. Also, investing in a silk pillow cover and sleeping on it, will keep premature wrinkles and fine lines away.
5. As Cliched as it May Sound, Drink at Least 8 Glasses of Water Every Day: Each one of us is aware how we should be drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water every day to keep skin hydrated, supple, and to flush out toxins. So, refill that bottle right now.
6. Make Sunscreen your Best Friend: Get obsessed with sunscreen application because it is one sure-shot way to protect the skin against harmful sun rays which trigger premature ageing, hyperpigmentation, age spots, and a whole lot of other skin woes. Come rain or shine, never step out without a sunscreen on your face.
7. Include Healthy Fats in your Diet: Do not shy away from eating “healthy fats” as it boosts collagen production and keeps the skin firm and supple. Get healthy fats from nuts, seeds, fish oil, and also olive oil. These fats also help delay signs of ageing. Bonus – you get to lose weight as well by including healthy fats in your daily diet.
8. Workout Regularly: Working out is not only good to lose weight and get fit, it also does wonders for your skin. Exercise helps to flush toxins and the happy hormones released improve your skin and mood as well.
Apart from these, invest in products according to your skin type and never compromise on 8 hours of beauty sleep!