WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Today, we are going to debunk the most blatant myth about oily skin – that oily skin does not need a moisturizer. Whether you have normal skin, combination skin, oily or acne-prone skin, a moisturizer is a must to hydrate and add suppleness to the skin. Most people who are blessed with oily skin stay away from moisturizers dreading the shine and sheen that it might add to their already greasy skin. In fact, oily and acne-prone skin need hydration so that sebaceous glands on their facial skin wouldn’t go overboard producing more oil and sebum if it detects lack of moisture and dryness. What it means is that sebaceous glands that produce oil and sebum for your skin will produce more sebum (natural fatty, oily substance) to make up for the lost hydration if it finds that your skin is dry. Oily or acne-prone skin cannot just stop at cleansing and toning, they should complete the moisturization step without any doubt (CTM – cleansing-toning-moisturising routine). Now that we have explained to you the importance of including a good moisturizer in your skin care routine, here comes the toughest part – choosing the correct moisturiser for your skin type. We would like to stress the fact that not all moisturisers are meant for oily skin, which means you cannot pick any random moisturiser from your local supermarket or beauty store. Look for “oil free,” “aqua,” “non comedogenic” labels on the moisturizer. Ensure that your moisturizer is lightweight and water based so that it would not clog the large pores on your skin. A good moisturizer would not only make your skin soft and smooth, it would protect your skin from damage from external factors, and if the moisturizer comes loaded with SPF, that’s an added bonus too! To make your life easy, we have this readymade list of 50 Best Moisturisers for oily acne prone skin.
1. Forest Essentials Light Hydrating Facial Gel Pure Rosewater:
This light, cool facial gel incorporates pure Rosewater with Cucumber and Aloe Vera gel to soothe, refresh and moisturize the skin. This is a lightweight gel which smells deliciously of fresh rose water. It feels cool on the skin.
2. Forest Essentials Light Hydrating Pure Aloe Vera Facial Gel: This moisturizer ha 94% aloe vera gel along with wheat germ extract. It feels lightweight on the skin and makes skin soft and smooth.
3. 100% pure aloe vera gel: two ways to make aloe vera cream for yourself here.Nothing can beat the goodness of aloe vera gel. Pure aloe vera gel is a natural moisturiser which works magically and takes care of all skin issues including dry skin. If you can source aloe vera leaf, we can show you Slather on as much as you want and say bye bye to dry skin.
4. Estee Lauder Day Wear Matte Oil-Control Anti-Oxidant Moisture Gel Creme: This gel creme helps control oil, minimises shine, and reduces the appearance of pores.
5. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel: This moisturizing gel is 100% allergy tested, feels lightweight on the skin, makes skin soft and supple without the sticky feeling.
6. Tatcha The Water Cream: Tatcha The Water Cream is an oil-free, anti-ageing cream that imparts Japanese nutrients and provides optimal hydration to oily skin.
7. Glow Recipe Watermelon Pink Juice Moisturizer: This is a lightweight moisturizer, for oily to combination skin, formulated with vitamin-rich watermelon extract, hydrating hyaluronic acid, and soothing botanicals to add radiance to the skin.
8. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream: This is a non-oily, quickly absorbed hydrator that reduces the appearance of oil and leaves skin looking more balanced. The oil-free gel cream works with skin’s natural lipids to reduce excess oil on skin’s surface.
9. Lotus Herbals Alphamoist Alpha Hydroxy Skin Renewal Oil-Free Moisturizer: Plant derived Alpha Hydroxy extracts in this light moisturizer adds moisture, to the skin. There’s no greasy feeling after application, it moisturizes skin really well. It does not cause breakouts on the skin.
10. Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture: Provides long-lasting moisturization along with sun protection to make skin soft and smooth.
11. Lacto Calamine Skin Balance Daily Nourishing Lotion: This lotion has the goodness of kaolin clay and glycerin which helps control oil and breakouts.
12. Clean and Clear Oil Free Moisturizer: This affordable, oil-free moisturizer adds moisture to the skin without any greasiness, it does not clog pores. Salicylic acid in this lotion prevents pimples and blackheads.
13. Plum Green Tea Mattifying Moisturizer: This lightweight moisturizer imparts hydration without adding any shine.
14. L’Oreal Paris Anti Imperfections Plus Whitening Cream for 20+: This cream contains salicylic acid which fights acne and imparts soft skin. It gets easily absorbed and keeps skin moisturized.
14. Sebamed Clear Face Gel: Formulated without any perfume, oils, emulsifiers, colorants, the pH value inhibits the growth of acne bacteria. Allantoin in this gel smoothes rough and dry skin. It feels very light on the skin, makes skin smooth.
15. Simple Water Boost Hydrating Gel Cream: This ultra-light and refreshing formula works through the day, delivering instant, continuous hydration, leaving skin soft and smooth.
16. L’Occitane Fresh Hydrating Face Gel: Enriched with hydrating hyaluronic acid and calcium rich Réotier water known for its properties to help skin maintain its hydration and retain moisture, this ultra-fresh face moisturiser instantly recharges skin with water.
17. Belif Oil Control Moisturizer Fresh: An oil-free moisturizer that controls oil, refines pores, and leaves skin hydrated and smooth.
18. Boscia Cactus Water Moisturizer: An ultra-lightweight moisturizer that gives thirsty skin a sip of hydration and leaves skin soft, smooth, and supple.
19. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel: The unique water gel formula absorbs quickly, like a gel, but has the long-lasting, intense moisturizing power of a cream. It boosts skin’s hydration level and locks it in all day.
20. The Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet: Enriched with wheatgerm oil, this sorbet provides instant cooling sensation for all day hydration. This silky-soft moisturiser hydrates and refreshes skin with an ultra-light light formula.
21. Shiseido Pureness Matifying Moisturizer Oil-Free: A lightweight moisturizer, with oil-absorbing powder, that promotes a smooth, shine-free finish
22. Drunk Elephant B Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel: An anti-aging vitamin B5 gel that replenishes, brightens, and improves the appearance of skin texture and tone while delivering intense moisture.
23. Belif Aqua Bomb: A lightweight gel-cream that floods the skin with a rush of refreshing hydration and minimizes the appearance of pores for soft, smooth, supple feel. Solutions for dryness, enlarged pores, dullness and uneven texture. Aqua Bomb is an ultra lightweight, mineral oil-free gel-cream that instantly cools and refreshes skin while providing intensive hydration.
24. Blossom Kochhar Aroma Magic Juniper Berry Oil Free Moisturiser: With aloe vera juice, this non-greasy gel formula helps heal acne and lighten blemishes leaving your skin well nourished.
25. Himalaya Herbals Oil-Free Radiance Gel Cream: Himalaya Herbals Oil-Free Radiance Gel Cream is a light and non-greasy, daily-use gel cream that gently hydrates to give an oil-free radiant glow. It is a light gel textured cream enriched with special herbs.
26. Natio Young Oil Free Moisturiser: This light, non-greasy moisturizer gets absorbed into the skin easily.
27. Nivea Daily Essentials Oil Free Moisturising Day Cream: Moisturizes and helps regulate oil for a shine-free complexion.
28. Acnemoist Moisturising Cream for Sensitive and Acne-prone skin: This moisturizer works well for acne-prone, sensitive skin, it is oil free, and spreads easily on the skin.
29. Acrofy Lotion for Sebum Conrol: Controls sebum and oil, makes skin baby soft, moisturizes well, non-comedogenic, suitable for all skin types.
30. Dr. Dennis Gross Hydra Pure Oil Free Moisture: A water-based white moisturizer which is neither creamy in texture nor gel type. Infused with the goodness of skin repairing anti-oxidants along with aloe leaf juice which would work wonders on any skin type including ageing, acne prone skin type.
31. Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30: Imparts broad spectrum sun protection, moisturizes and softens skin.
32. The Body Shop Tea Tree Mattifying Lotion: Lightweight, daytime moisturiser suitable for blemished skin. Infused with our organic pure tea tree oil, this easily absorbed lotion provides hydration, without clogging the pores or leaving skin feeling greasy. Use daily for matte, shine-free results.
33. FabIndia Green Tea Moisturizer: This nourishing lotion with green tea extract is light in texture and gets easily absorbed. It leaves your skin smooth and supple.
34. Kaya Acne-free Purifying Nourisher: This lotion with aloe vera hydrates your skin making it soft and supple. This light, non-greasy formula doesn’t clog your pores and gets easily absorbed into the skin. Almond oil and Rose extract help reduce irritation, soothe and nourish your skin leaving it feel soft and silky.
35. The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream: A non-clogging, oil-free, hydrating gel-like moisture cream. It controls excess sebum and shine, leaving skin feeling fresh, clean, soft and supple with a shine-free, matte complexion.
36. The Body Shop Soothing Aloe Day Cream: This dermatologically tested daily moisturizer hydrates skin that needs more gentle care. Gentle hydration, leaves skin soft and smooth. Fragrance, colour, and alcohol free.
37. Peter Thomas RothMax Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel: An oil-absorbing pore minimizer for an all-day greaseless, clear, matte finish.
38. First Aid BeautySkin Rescue Oil-Free Mattifying Gel Moisturizer: This is a gel moisturizer that provides oily and acne-prone skin with the perfect balance of hydration and oil control.
39. Boscia Green Tea Oil-free Moisturizer: A lightweight moisturizer infused with antioxidant-rich Japanese Green Tea which hydrates, nourishes, and soothes redness from breakouts while helping to control oil.
40. The Face Shop Fresh Lotus Soothing Gel: On oily face, it provides that perfect hydration and makes skin super smooth and soft without making it oily. It provides a natural and healthy dewy finish to the skin. It’s a water-based gel that feels light, non-greasy, and non oily.
41. The Face Shop Damyang Bamboo Fresh Soothing Gel: A soothing gel with moisture infused gel-type texture that gives a moisture massage to skin with cooling, soothing properties.
42. Biotique Chlorophyll anti acne gel: This gel tightens pores and soothes the skin. It controls oil secretion to a great extent, has natural ingredients.
43. The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser: Clears grumpy, dull, fatigued looking skin and reveals natural, healthy-looking glow with our Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturizer. This gel cream moisturizer helps to add a natural glow to the skin.
44. L’Oreal Paris Hydra Fresh Genius Multi-Active Essence Cream: This is a lightweight moisturizer that makes skin soft and supple.
45. Korres Pomegranate Balancing Cream Gel Moisturiser: This pore-minimizing and mattifying moisturizer delivers immediate and lasting hydration while simultaneously balancing oily to combination complexions.
46. Fresh Rose Hydrating Gel Cream: A daily moisturizer for all skin types proven to provide up to 24 hours of significant hydration.
47. Belif Problem Solution Moisturizer: A protective moisturizer, formulated with natural white willow bark extract and tea tree oil, that soothes and hydrates the skin without irritation.
48. Fresh vitamin C Glow Moisturizer: A lightweight moisturizer with vitamins C, E, and B5 that instantly awakens skin for a daily dose of glow and good for oily and sensitive skin.
49. Peter Thomas RothUltra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizer: A fast-absorbing, soothing moisturizer that does not leave any oily residue.
50. Ole Henriksen Counter Balance Oil Control Hydrator: This moisturizer reduces oil and minimizes the look of pores.