This review will be of 3 Sally Hansen nail paints in the shades Broadwalk, which is brown nail paint with 50% shimmer content, Lavender Lace Sheer, which is sheer white nail paint and White on, which is a very opaque stark white nail paint. Read on to know how these fared for me.
1. Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Color Broadwalk
Up to 10 day protection from breaking, splitting and cracking
Infused with real micro-diamonds & platinum
32 Radiant shades
2. Sally Hansen Nails Nail Polish Lavender Lace Sheer
The “original” nail color + treatment! Nails are sealed with brilliant shine for added protection against chipping, cracking and splitting.
3. Sally Hansen Hard Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color White On
Match your manicure to your mood! Fun, trendy shades — collect them all and change your nail polish as often as you like!
$5-8 for 13.3 ml (I bought these for HKD 60 each i.e. INR 480 approximately)
My Experience with Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Color Broadwalk, Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color White On and Hard as Nails Nail Polish Lavender Lace Sheer:
Packaging: the packaging of Sally Hansen nail paints is my favorite. It gives a luxurious feel, the bottle is chunky and bulky with a semi cylindrical shaped metallic brush applicator. The brush of these nail paints is very thin yet firm. The bristles are super smooth and make the application easy and precise. The bottle, though made of glass is unbreakable (tried and tested fact) and it is also sturdy and travel friendly.
1. Broadwalk- the shade “Broadwalk” is a deep brown color with 50% of its content being shimmer. It is really heavy on shimmer kind of nail paint. But, because it is a brown nail paint and not any other bright nail paint; and usually brown is supposedly a color that really compliments our Indian skin tone, I don’t really mind the shimmer in it as it is not one of those attention-seeking glitter nail polishes. Even though I don’t wear this shade that often, I’m sure I can sport this shade with any type of clothing and for any type of occasion or no occasion also. Though I’m not sure why I bought this shade to begin with, because this is clearly one of those shades that are just not meant for teenagers. But oh well!
2. Lavender Lace Sheer- ‘Lavender Lace Sheer’ is a sheer white nail paint with hints of lavender/ lilac color in it. It is a very wearable kind of white nail paint. It can be worn on its own, and as a French tip nail paint also. Though most of the times I’ve worn this nail paint, I wore it as French tip nail paint only. When applied on the entire nail, I find that the nail paint looks a little streaky and feels a little heavy on the nails.
3. White on- ‘White on’ is a stark white nail paint. It is not one of those nail paints that look white in the bottle, but when swatched lean more towards grey or turn out to be sheer nail paints instead. This one is a true white nail paint. One can easily go overboard with this nail paint if not applied properly on the nails. Since it is a pure white nail paint, if the application is botched up even in the slightest, it makes the whole nail paint look really messy and ugly. It is indeed a tricky shade. But, it is one shade that I have worn the most in 2014. I absolutely loved wearing this white nail paint on my nails all throughout the summers as well as a major part of winter too. It is an opaque nail paint that looks gorgeous when worn on its own, as well as when applied as a base for nail arts.
Texture and pigmentation: the texture of all these nail paints is super smooth. It applies on to the nails effortlessly and dries within seconds. I really mean it when I say these are quick dry nail paint. Despite the nail paints being slightly runny in texture, the application is never streaky or blotchy. These nail paints does not have a greasy/sticky texture. It does not feel heavy on the nails even after 3-4 coats. The color payoff of this nail paint is absolutely brilliant. If I want, I can even wear just one coat of these nail paints and they would still look pretty awesome. Though I usually wear two coats of my Sally Hansen nail paints. These nail paints stays on me for a good 4- 5 days without any major chipping and the shade doesn’t fade a bit.
Pros of Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Color Broadwalk, Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color White On and Hard as Nails Nail Polish Lavender Lace Sheer:
- These nail paints do not chip up to 5 days.
- Great shades for Indian skin tones.
- These nail paints have a subtle glossiness to them.
- Decent packaging with a soft-bristled brush.
- Quick dry nail paints.
- The texture is super smooth.
- The application is never streaky despite of this nail paint’s runny texture.
Cons of Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Color Broadwalk, Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color White On and Hard as Nails Nail Polish Lavender Lace Sheer:
- Broadwalk contains shimmer. People who prefer matte/non shimmer nail paints can skip it.
- Lavender Lace Sheer is kind of too sheer. Good 3-4 coats are required.
- Slightly runny in texture.
- Not easily available in all cities
Would I repurchase/recommend Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Color Broadwalk, Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color White On and Hard as Nails Nail Polish Lavender Lace Sheer?
I don’t think I’ll repurchase these same shades. But, I recommend all sally Hansen nail paints to everyone.
1. Broadwalk- 3.75/5
2. Lavender Lace Sheer- 3.5/5
3. White on- 4.9/5
Conclusion: Sally Hansen Diamond Strength nail paints are definitely something that every nail paint hoarder must check out. These nail paints have a ridiculously smooth texture, dry up in seconds and are literally chip-free. Must try!
Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color – Pink Promise Review
Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Lacquer – Silver Anniversary
Sally Hansen Brilliant Bordeaux Diamond Strength Nail Color Review
Sally Hansen Pink Satin Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color Review
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Colors
Sally Hansen Plum Power Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Review, NOTD
Vaseline Healthy White Lightening Visible Fairness Lotion Review
Outfit of the Day: White on Black – the Polka Way!
Yardley London Lace Satin Perfumed Deodorant Body Spray Review
Marks & Spencer Lavender Moisture Rich Shower Cream Review
MAC See Sheer Lipstick Review, Swatch, FOTD
4 thoughts on “Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Color Broadwalk, Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color White On and Hard as Nails Nail Polish Lavender Lace Sheer Reviews”
I like Broadwalk. 😀
It’s so hard to come across a pure white and sheer nail paint that doesn’t streak :/
yes. I’m still on the hunt for one