For the past couple of months, I have been trying and reviewing makeup wipes by several Korean brands, some high-end brands from Ulta and Sephora and some generic ones from the drugstore. I bought a couple of makeup removal wipes from Shea Moisture and in this post, I am reviewing Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Hydrating Facial Wipes.
Removes makeup and dirt without rinsing or drying Biodegradable, naturally-infused towelettes remove makeup, dirt, and impurities without rinsing or drying out skin. Certified organic Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter deeply moisturize skin with a blend of vitamins and essential fatty acids to help soften and smooth skin. Frankincense & Myrrh help to soothe and calm skin for a fresh, healthy look.
My Experience with Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Hydrating Facial Wipes:
These wipes by Shea Moisture come in a packet with a flap to cover the opening that dispenses the wipes. The packaging is attractive, and the soft yellow color really does look simple and elegant. These wipes are biodegradable and have mild abrasive texture, yet are perfect for sensitive skin. Performance wise, I find all the face wipes from Shea Moisture fairly alike and kind and gentle to my skin. They remove the base makeup well, but I have to supplement them with a cleansing balm or a cleansing oil to remove my eye makeup. I use all my wipes as wash cloth as well. I apply some face wash on the wipe and scrub my face and neck clean.
These wipes are made of biodegradable paper-like fabric, naturally-infused with base to remove makeup such as water and glycerin and other essential ingredients that are beneficial for skin. The wipes contain certified organic Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter which deeply moisturize skin with a blend of vitamins and essential fatty acids to help soften and smoothen skin. It also contains Frankincense and Myrrh that help to soothe and calm skin for a fresh, healthy look skin and remove dead skin cells without leaving skin dry. I have used a face mask from the same range, which I will review soon, but I suffice to say that the two products that I have tried from this range have suited my skin and are well worth a try.
The physical appearance of all the wipes from Shea Moisture is alike. The size of the wipe is appropriate for one time use and are perfect for cleaning face, neck, chest, upper arms and back. These wipes are white in color and one of the sides is mildly abrasive. They are completely soaking wet with the product – not dripping wet but completely saturated with the cleansing solution. For the price paid, they are reasonably saturated with the product; one wipe is sufficient to clean the face and neck and so on. They do not irritate my skin or clog my pores and leave my skin well hydrated. I break down the stubborn, water proof makeup with cleansing oil or balm and then wipe off the gunk with these wipes. I then wash the makeup off of these wipes and then use them as wash cloths to clean my face and every other area I apply makeup. These wipes make a good addition to skincare routine especially when used with the face mask from the same range.
Pros of Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Hydrating Facial Wipes:
- These are affordable makeup removing wipes by a reliable brand and are good at removing makeup.
- The size of the wipes is just right and are perfect to remove makeup from face, neck and any other area that we apply makeup to.
- They are made up of biodegradable material and are cruelty free.
- It easily removes base makeup. One wipe I sufficient for face and neck especially since I use them with cleansing oil.
- They do not irritate my skin and clog my pores.
- Each wipe is thoroughly saturated with product.
- These wipes are mildly abrasive and are perfect for sensitive skin.
- Contains all the goodness of a hydrating mask from the same range that I thoroughly love.
- The packaging is hygienic, dispenses product easily and is travel friendly.
- It does not irritate eyes or sting them when used on the waterline.
- Dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested.
Cons of Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Hydrating Facial Wipes:
- You should do a patch test first if you are allergic to nuts.
- They might not work well at removing waterproof eye makeup.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Hydrating Facial Wipes?
I like this product and recommend it to all those who are looking for an efficient, affordable face wipes with skin moisturizing and hydrating ingredients. It has been super good and kind to my skin without clogging my pores. I do recommend it to others.
Shea Moisture African Black Soap Clarifying Facial Wipes
Shea Moisture Kukui Nut and Grapeseed Oil Youth-Infusing Toner
Himalaya Moisturizing Aloe Vera Facial Wipes
Himalaya Purifying Neem Facial Wipes
FabIndia Shea Butter Body Butter
WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP AND DIY VIDEOS AND READ IMBB COMPLETELY AD FREE. DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!