WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
ST. IVES SWISS VANILLA-ADVANCED BODY MOISTURIZER-Naturally calms!
St.Ives has been my favorite brand for years long, be it body lotion, body wash or scrub. They have a wide range of products for face, body and hair, their best sellers being the apricot scrub, body lotions etc. In body lotion category they have around 8-10 variants, out of which Swiss Vanilla is one of my ever favorite, might be because am obsessed with this Vanilla smell in general!!VANILLA is already known as a calming, relaxing scent. I feel the smell has great influence on our moods; I feel completely relaxed with this lotion applied on my skin and thus make a perfect moisturizer for night. This aromatherapy favorite is also a natural nourisher, which helps to combat dry, itchy skin and an anti-oxidant that is rich in polyphenols.
What the product claims?
Discover the Swiss secrets for visibly healthy skin-Only St Ives captures these secrets by combining pure vanilla essence and Vitamin E in a moisture-rich formula proven to calm dry skin. St Ives lotions are tested in Switzerland and provided 200% more moisture immediately for soft, smooth skin.
- PURE SWISS GLACIAL WATER
- SWISS BOTANICALS
- PURE VANILLA ESSENCE
Water (Aqua,EAU), Glycerin, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Stearic Acid, Glycol Stearate, Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Acetate, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Triethanolamine , DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5 (CI 191401), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), , Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract. Carbomer, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Honey, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol. Ascorbic Acid Stearamide Amp,
PRICE: Rs 360 for 18 FL OZ (532ML)-please note there may be variations in price since this is imported from U.S.
WHAT I LIKE THE MOST IN ST.IVES SWISS VANILLA BODY MOISTURIZER:
- The exotic Vanilla Scent! Though I don’t prefer fragrance much when it comes to facial products, I want my body lotion, soaps, body wash, shampoo etc to smell great! The scent of this lotion is heavy at first, but after application it mellows to a very pleasant, soft, natural vanilla fragrance which lasts for around 3 hours. Anybody who likes the Vanilla smell would love this one for sure!
- It is a cream colored lotion and texture is silky. The lotion goes on like silk and absorbs almost instantly; also is not too greasy. The end result is soft n smooth skin without greasiness!
- It is highly moisturizing and found it perfect for use on body; unlike my face which is a bit oily, my arms n legs are quite dry and continuous usage of this lotion has improved the overall look and feel of my skin. If using it for the first time you can notice the change within few weeks itself, a perfect body moisturizer I would say!
- Packaging is pretty good- a pump bottle which makes the application quite easier and of course hygienic too.
- The price is quite justifiable for the huge quantity it offers and a little goes a long way. Yes it is going to last real long!!
- St Ives is a US Brand- in India this is available in most of the stores where you get imported cosmetics/skin care products. I first got this as a gift many years back from my relative who stays in Dubai and ever since I am in love with this lotion and kept on re-purchasing this from local stores. But it seems Swiss vanilla is discontinued now though I got my new bottle recently, will have to find out another variant of St Ives lotion which is equally good-am eyeing on the Vitamin E lotion but the fragrance is not as tempting. Am really going to miss you ,Swiss vanilla. 🙂
- This product is not tested on animals and combines the goodness of natural ingredients like vanilla, honey, sunflower extract, cocoa butter etc along with chemicals.
- This lotion would make a perfect pair with the Creamy Vanilla body wash from St Ives. I love their body washes too where also you have many variants to choose from.
WHAT I DON’T LIKE ABOUT ST.Ives Swiss Vanilla LOTION?
- This contains Methylparaben which is the only downside I could notice about this lovely lotion unlike many other products of St Ives which are parabens free.
- Also, am upset with the company if they have really discontinued this, which am sure would be shocking news for all St Ives Vanilla lovers. I remember my relative saying that this particular lotion used to be of great demand and most of the times it was out of stock at many of the stores, if that is the case I wonder what made the company take this decision….
WILL I RE-PURCHASE?
Done that many times and still I want to – if not Swiss Vanilla I would definitely go for another one from St Ives, this is my HG body moisturizer!!