Hey everyone this is my first post on IMBB so forgive me if something goes wrong.
VLCC Skin Defense Lavang Moisturizer
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
This is the VLCC skin defense Lavang moisturizer. It is for normal to oily skin. Its active ingredients are Clove oil (lavang) and Neem. Clove is supposed to be anti germicidal and help in destroying the acne causing bacteria. It is also supposed to control SEBUM production which is actually a waxy oily secretion meant to protect the skin and body against the entry of foreign particles and organisms .Though if present in excess along with keratin protein can lead to several skin problems often associated with oily skin. Neem has been used as an acne fighting herb since ancient times. The product also contains
• Pineapple to lighten blemishes- 4%
• Sulphur an effective germicide in skin problems-3%
• Margosa bark extract-2%(neem)
• Euphorbia Seed extract-1.5%(Choti Dudhi)
• Clove oil-1%
• Lotion base Q.S
What the company claims
Non greasy moisturizer for a supple & nourished skin. This moisturizer with herbal extracts of Neem and clove Oil helps n controlling acne and excessive sebum secretion leaving skin non-greasy, smooth and radiant.
I bought this moisturizer after much coaxing by the VLCC counter lady at my local cosmetics store. I had gone there to buy a pocket sized moisturizer for the winters. But ended up leaving with a bottle of this and my pocket feeling 115rs lighter. Trust those cosmetics counter people in the art of persuasion, I couldn’t refuse.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
• My first impression was a tear-jerker! Its scent of cloves was so overpoweringly strong that it brought tears to my eyes on smelling it (I have a tendency to smell every product I buy). Even if you apply it to your skin you may feel irritation in your eyes.
• Secondly, it’s super greasy. All of the company’s claims about it being a non-greasy product go down the drain. If you apply it at night and leave it on then in the morning you will have your own personal oil slick ready to fry “puri” or “pakodas“.
• Also, it just isn’t light. It feels heavy and sticky.
• And finally, about my acne! Well it continues to be the way it is. Not much change noted at all. If your face looks like an oil well obviously your acne isn’t going anywhere. Since, the product is so greasy it continues to promote growth of your acne.
Well, you guys might be wondering is there any good quality to this lotion. Yeah there is one- IT CLEARS UP THE BLEMISHES CAUSED DUE TO ACNE. I can’t say the same for scars but yes, the dark spots are gone “Chhooomantar“. The face starts looking a bit more clear due to that also the product is excellent for people with normal skin type
Also, a note of caution: if you have combination skin like mine or dry skin please do not use this product as it tends to burn the skin often leaving dark patches in its wake. It burns horribly. Don’t mistake this burning for “hey the product is working “because it causes intense damage if you have sensitive skin. The region around my lips and chin which is very dry has turned red with irritation.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
PROs of VLCC Skin Defense Lavang Moisturizer
• Reduces blemishes.
• Provides moisture to your skin (if it isn’t too dry or sensitive).
• Reduces redness caused due to acne if not the actual acne itself.
• Leaves skin feeling cool after the initial burning much like menthol
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
Cons of VLCC Skin Defense Lavang Moisturizer
• Heavy and greasy
• Doesn’t cure your acne
• Very hard to blend into skin. Requires immense rubbing to get it to seep into your skin)
• Burns sensitive and dry skin
• Causes eye irritation
• Has a tendency to cause what in Ayurveda as “body heat” causing large breakouts.
It was not at all worth my money. I will go back to my retinols and benzyl peroxides or even aspirin (salicylic acid). Perhaps a neem and multani mitti pack might work well then this. This was my first VLCC product; I don’t think I will buy VLCC products without researching them completely. I won’t recommend this to anyone with a skin like mine nor will I buy it again.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
These are my personal opinions based on my own observations and experiences. Results may vary from person to person so I strictly recommend you to test the product once before deciding whether you like the product or not .
Good luck and a good day byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
VLCC Skin Defense Sandal Cleansing Milk & Rose Water Toner
VLCC Skin Defense Indian Berberry Face Scrub
VLCC Skin Defense Range
VLCC Punarnava Astringent
Ponds Age Miracle Anti Ageing Tinted Moisturizer
ST.Ives Swiss Vanilla-Advanced Body Moisturizer
Good Moisturizer for Day and Night
Best Moisturizer for Dry Sensitive Skin
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips