WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Acne breakouts can mar anyone’s self-confidence. While these pesky zits may not be a serious skin disorder, they do take a toll on a person’s confidence level. While it is not completely possible to stay out of acne breakouts, one can minimize their appearance with conscious effort. Yes! You guessed it right. Our today’s topic of discussion will be based on how one can stop acne breakouts. If these stubborn marks are hampering your social life, it is time to curb them once and for all. Here are some effective remedies that will work to keep acne at bay.
1. Keep your face clean: One of the root causes of pimples is clogged pores. When your face is unclean due to excess oil, dirt, and sweat, chances of acne breakouts increases. Hence, wash your face to keep it clean, but don’t over wash as it may dry out your skin leading to more acne breakouts. Also, use an alcohol-free cleanser as it is good for the skin. After this step, use an oil-free moisturizer to prevent your face from becoming too dry.
2. Don’t engage in harsh exfoliation: Scrubbing your skin with rough cloth pads or washcloth is a big no-no. Not only is it abrasive to the skin and can cause irritation, it can also result in skin inflammation and make acne breakouts worse. Instead, use a gentle face scrub with clean hands and massage on your face lightly. This will help to prevent breakouts in the long run.
3. Moisturization is the key: The key to soft, glowing and clear skin is good moisturization. If you want to prevent acne breakouts, you need to stay hydrated 24*7. Use fragrance-free, non-comedogenic moisturizers after you wash your face or when your skin feels dry as this helps to prevent breakouts.
4. Stay hydrated: This point is self-explanatory. When your skin is dehydrated, your oil glands will produce more oil which can lead to unwanted breakouts. You should drink at least eight 8 glasses of water each day to keep your body fully hydrated. Drink more water when you spend time in a hot and humid environment or after you complete doing exercise.
5. Control putting too much makeup on face: We often use too much makeup to hide acne marks, but do you know that keeping your skin covered all the times may clog pores and trigger breakouts. The best way is to stay natural and limit usage of makeup products. When you laden your face with greasy and heavy foundation, acne breakouts are ought to happen sooner or later. Instead, focus on using products that are non-comedogenic, sheer, and fragrance-free.
6. Keep hair clean: In addition to keeping your skin clean, you must also keep your hair clean if you wish to stop breakouts. Greasy or oily shampoos and hairstyling products can cause acne. So, choose hair-care products that are oil-free and non-comedogenic. Also, washing the hair and keeping it oil-free will help in stopping breakouts.
7. Apply topical treatments: Sometimes, it is a good idea to rely on over-the-counter treatments, such as creams or serums that can reduce breakouts. These treatments contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. You can use them on the chin, nose and the forehead. They are often helpful in controlling mild acne and prevent occurrence of breakouts.
8. Keep your hands off your face: Some of our silly habits like touching the face or popping our cheek or chin with our hands do a lot of harm on our skin. They become carrier grounds for bacteria and can irritate skin further. So, you must keep in mind refrain from picking or popping pimples with your fingers as it might cause scarring.
9. Use sunscreen: Sun exposure can have severe and damaging effects on the skin leading to inflammation and redness. Some acne medications may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight. If you are already susceptible to acne breakouts, you should reduce your sun exposure mostly between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. take preventive measures like wearing long-sleeved shirt, pants, and a broad-brimmed hat. Also, using a sunscreen before you step out is mandatory. Look for higher SPF s in your sunscreen and also check if the product is “non-comedogenic”. This will reduce chances of breakouts.
10. Stay away from foods that cause acne: Some foods like cookies, cakes, pizzas can trigger acne breakouts in people or make present acne marks worse. These problematic foods should be avoided under all costs. On cutting back on certain sugary and carb-rich foods, the skin condition of a person will surely improve.
11. Antibiotics to rescue: Antibiotics can be your saviour if you want to get rid of acne breakouts. These medicines help in reducing acne inflammation and bacteria on the skin. You can either apply them to your skin topically or can take them orally. Make sure to consult a physician before you use such treatments as long-term antibiotic use increases your risk of antibiotic resistance. You need to discuss the associated risks and side-effects of such treatments with your doctor before using them on a long-term basis.
12. Keep facial care products clean: When you use makeup and facial sponges, and makeup brushes regularly without cleaning them, they build up colonies of bacteria, which could lead to breakouts. Hence, make sure to clean your makeup tools with soap and water before you can use them.
13. Try tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is the most popular remedy for people who have high chances of acne breakouts. This oil reduces skin inflammation and has natural anti-bacterial properties. The way to use tea tree oil is to add a few drops to your daily cleanser or moisturizer. You can also apply them on active acne by applying a couple drops to the inflamed area. Make sure to dilute them and do a patch test before use.
14. Eat a healthy diet: By that, we mean you should cut back on junk and oily food stuff as they can cause breakouts, more likely if you have oily skin. Engaging in a healthy diet with more fruits, vegetables and whole grains will help to keep your skin clearer. You should also avoid dairy products and foods that are high in processed sugar.
15. Remain stress-free: Do you know that when you are stressed out, your skin gets inflamed and causes breakouts faster? One must try to reduce stress levels by engaging in healthy activities like meditation, exercising, yoga, spending time with nature and doing things that one loves the most. Once stress gets out of your way, healthy and clear skin will follow automatically.
So, these are the remedies that you can follow to reduce chances of breakouts. Having pimples and acne is a very natural thing, but one must never feel belittled by seeing these skin disorders. Whether it occurs due to hormones, stress, genetics, or diet, breakouts can always be stopped by following remedies. Even though these methods don’t yield 100% results, but skin conditions are likely to improve. Incorporate them in your daily life and enjoy clearer, smoother glowing skin sans acne breakouts. Thanks for reading!