Have you noticed that long, narrow streaks and stripes on your body, that usually show up on the abdomen, tummy, and thigh area. These stretch marks show up when your skin is stretched, either when you lose weight or have gained weight. Pregnancy, puberty, weight loss, weight gain can cause them. If you are losing your sleep over them, read on further because we have everything you need to know about them in this post and also top 15 stretch marks removal creams and oils in India.
What are the causes of Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks are also known as striae distensae, they can be categorized as scars that appear when our skin shrinks or stretches quickly. They are not indicative of any underlying disease. These ripple like, indented are common during or after pregnancy. The most common areas where you can develop them are – arms, breasts, back, butt, hips, shoulders, stomach area.
Do Stretch Marks Go Away?
They do not go away completely, you can minimize their appearance by using creams and lotions. Also, laser and surgery are quick ways to get rid of them.
How Do You Get Rid of Stretch Marks?
It’s not possible to get rid of them permanently with creams or lotions or with home remedies. The only way to get rid of them completely is through surgery. Though laser treatments are available, they only help in minimizing their appearance.
Natural Ways To Get Rid of Stretch Marks:
- We cannot stress enough the importance of water in maintaining good health. Since our body is made of 65% or more of water, it’s but clearly obvious how the correct amount of water and hydration can benefit our skin. With proper hydration, skin cells are able to renew and repair themselves. So, hydration is definitely the first step to get rid of stretch marks.
- Moisture your skin thoroughly. Use a heavy moisturiser or body butter to create a moisture barrier on your skin so that skin would not lose its hydration and would not stretch any further.
- Exfoliate skin once in a week. Use a good body scrub to thoroughly exfoliate dead skin cells from the top layer of stretch marks.
- Cut down soft drinks, sugar, salt.
- Eat a healthy, nutrient-rich food, including fruits and vegetables.
Homemade Stretch Marks Removal Cream:
If you a person who likes everything natural, here’s a cream that you can whip up quickly, quite literally. To make this cream – take two egg whites (you can take more egg whites depending on the area you have to apply). Whip these egg whites till they turn into a white foam. Apply this whipped-up white foamy cream. Let it sit for 30 minutes and rinse off. Apply this twice or thrice a week. This natural cream with egg whites will help tighten your skin and the nutrients in the eggs will quicken up the healing process.
Creams and Lotions To Get Rid of Stretch Marks:
These creams and lotions can help you in reducing stretch marks to a great extent. Apply them over the affected area regularly and though these work slowly, you would surely see good results with regular use.
1. Forest Essentials Stretch Mark Oil Mothers Nalpamarathy Keram:
This is an Ayurvedic oil that specifically targets stretch marks and patches that appear on the skin during pregnancy. This oil has Green Turmeric and Kachura in coconut oil. Apply this oil, leave on for 30 minutes and wipe off with a hot towel.
2. Stretch Nil Cream: This cream is effective in preventing stretch marks during pregnancy and after. This herbal lotion needs to be regularly applied from the fourth month of pregnancy until delivery.
3. Palmer’s Butter Formula Massage Cream for stretch marks: This cream is enriched with vitamin E, collagen, elastin, and shea butter and it helps to prevent and reduce stretch marks.
4. Mustela Stretch Marks Recovery Cream: This cream helps prevent stretch marks by keeping skin supple and comfortable. It also keeps skin elastic to help it withstand from stretching. It also has beeswax and shea butter that keep the skin soft and supple.
5. Bio oil: Bio oil is especially formulated to prevent and improve the appearance of stretch marks. It contains purcellin oil which treats dehydrated skin. It gets absorbed into the skin really well. You can also use bio oil as a body oil, to treat cracked feet, on burn marks, and also as a cuticle oil.
6. Kama Ayurveda Muscle Tone Firming Treatment Oil: This is a rich oil that is helpful in toning and firming. It also firms and lifts sagging skin, repairs stretch marks and dimpled skin. The main ingredients of this oil are sesame oil, clarified butter, turmeric and lavender.
7. Guinot Stretch Mark Cream: Guinot Stretch mark Cream has ingredients like alpha hydroxy acids, vitamin C, antioxidants, vitamin E, hyaluronic acid that strengthen the skin and minimize the appearance of marks. It also improves the elasticity in the skin.
8. Mederma Stretch Therapy Cream: Mederma Stretch Therapy Cream contains ingredients like cepalin, hyaluronic acid and centella. It should be applied during pregnancy to prevent the appearance of stretch marks. It locks in moisture to help prevent them.
9. Kama Ayurveda Sugandhadi Rejuvenating Body Treatment Oil: This ayurvedic oil firms and tones skin and thereby reduces the appearance of stretch marks.
10. Clarins Stretch Mark Minimizer: This stretch mark cream has a formula that decreases the appearance of stretch marks and smooths skin. This cream should be applied in circular movements on the stretch-mark affected area.
11. Biotique Bio Coco Butter Tissue Firming Body Balm: This body firming cream gets absorbed into the skin quickly and reduces the appearance of stretch marks considerably.
12. The Body Shop Amazonian Saviour Multi-Purpose Balm: This multi-purpose body balm is rich in natural oils and waxes. It helps to improve the appearance of stretch marks and events out the texture.
13. Castor Oil: Castor oil is rich in ricinoleic acid which penetrates deep into the skin tissue to repair stretch marks. Apply castor oil regularly over the affected area for at least 3 months to see visible results.
14. Vicks Vaporub: Vicks vaporub is an effective remedy to get rid of stretch marks. Apply a thick layer of Vicks vaporub and cover the area with cling wrap and leave it overnight. Use this pack regularly to see visible results.
15. Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil: This treatment oil has Rosemary, Geranium and Mint and it helps firm, tone and improves elasticity, improving the appearance stretch marks resulting from pregnancy.
WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP AND DIY VIDEOS AND READ IMBB COMPLETELY AD FREE. DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!