The Body Shop Rain Forest Moisture Hair Butter Review
Claims : Luxuriously rich and intensive deep-conditioning treatment for soft, glossy and tangle-free hair. With pracaxi oil, manketti nut oil and Community Trade honey and olive oil. No silicones, parabens or colourants.
Use weekly or as required.
For dry and damaged hair.
Size: 200 ml
Price: Rs. 695
Ingredients : Click to enarge
How to use The Body Shop Rain Forest Hair Butter
My Experience with The Body Shop Rain Forest Hair Butter:
When I first thought of applying hair butter in my hair, the only word that came to my mind was “greasy”. I was quite skeptical about using something called “butter” in my hair because my hair are not very dull or lifeless to start with.
Anyway here’s what I think about the hair butter
- It’s not greasy. You just need a tiny amount of the hair to spread it in your hair. I have a little lower than my shoulder length hair so I don’t need to much. The texture is light.
- It leaves my hair soft without any greasiness. Hair butter is like a moisturiser for your hair.
- it’s not heavy at all. After shampooing my hair, I rub some hair butter between my palms and spread on the hair (not on scalp). Then I run my fingers through hair to detangle my hair and help spread the hair butter evenly.
- The hair butter has a pleasing mild smell. It smells mildly of cocoa butter . The other day I hugged a friend and the first thing she said was “your hair smell soooo good” 😀
- It’s free of silicones, parabens or colourants.
- A little goes a long way.There is a loot of product to last you good 8-10 months.
- The best thing I like about hair butter is that it detangles my hair. I comb my hair after air drying and I barely have any major tangles to deal with.
- It gets rinsed off easily.
Not So Good things about The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter:
- If you use too much of it, You would end up with greasy hair. It’s only after 3-4 washes that I actually got used to the right quantity for my hair. “1-2 hazlenut size amount* might not hold true for everyone.
- I don’t see any effects of the hair butter right after using it. As the day passes by or may be the next day my hair start feeling soft and nice.
Here is the swatch.
Overall , a nice experience but not “wow” . The major reason I like this hair butter is that it does detangles my hair so my hair breakage has reduced drastically. So I am happy. 🙂
Rating : :-* :-*:-* + 0.5
Have you used The Body Shops Rainforest Hair Butter? Please rate in the box below.
Note : Provided by brand for consideration.
42 thoughts on “The Body Shop Rain Forest Moisture Hair Butter Review”
sounds good..price ?
cool…i have extremely dry hair..so will try this out… 🙂
Hope you like it. :))
I want it, I want it….hugged your friend ?:-) ?:-) ?:-) ?:-) ?:-) he or she????
SHE. 😛 😛
Sanjeev would be so happy to read this.. Jomol…grrrrrrrrrrrr :teeth: :teeth:
wow.. i have horrible hair and i so needed something like this? i’ll surely give this a shot! 😀
thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu :* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Horrible hair?? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
lol! Horrible as in extremely dry and horribly damaged… Imagine, curly-wavy hair which has been rebonded for 3 consecutive years and then straightened almost everyday using a flat iron for a whole year….. It’s like “jhaadu” 😛
OMGG!!! why so much atyaachaar on hair??? :razzmad: :razzmad: :razzmad: :razzmad:
me likes straight hair and God gave me curly-wavy hair 🙁 🙁 🙁 :-(( :-(( :-(( :-(( :-(( :-(( 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :struggle:
You manage your curly hair they look sooo prettty. :))
hahahaha i finally got this!!!! though i am yet to try it 🙂
I like my hair serums… Maybe I’ll love this.. But I really want to try a hair mask..
Oh yeah but isnt it difficult to rinse off hair masks?? Just thinking… :-/ :-/
Dunno… Never tried…
I want to try the loreal damage repair waala Hair mask… Somebody review it…. :announce: :announce: :announce:
Want to try this 🙂
Try it . You might like it. It’s a typical body butter for hair, if that makes any sense. 😛
wen will d top 5 lipsticks results come out ?? ?:-) ?:-) :waiting: :waiting:
Lol, we shall come out with it soon, by tomorrow or day after…let’s see if we have something conclusive to say 🙂
i share the same thoughts about a hair butter– my hair will bcum tooo greasy :struggle: .. used the himalaya hair cream for 2 mnths n i felt tht it did detangle my hair after wash bt after 2 days, my hair used to bcum very greasy kinds :pain: ..n i admit tht i hate oily hair,they r unmanageable n feels sticky 😮 😮 ..so stopped using tht… so nw this is a butter & not cream so i think a no no for me.. 😐 me more happy wid applying herbal oil b4 wash n then using a gud shampoo n conditioner.. :-)) :-))
Oh!! which herbal oil do you use? 🙂
This is for dry hair only na..so you might want to skip it. 🙂
Wow i think this is just what my desert dry hair was missing :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute: and ‘butter’ sounds so buttery me likey 🙂 :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
I have L’oreal Liss mask (purple) and feel its not much of anything anyways and make my hair feel heavy i think mostly cause of the silicone in it that also i read damages hair on the long run, so i use it only weekly or less as a pre shampoo (not as recommended though :D)
Lobbbb the idea please make more reviews on Rainforest line pls pls lob ya :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
This is Silicone free so you might like it. 🙂
Have nothing else from this range as of now….:(
Has anyone used the rainforest shampoo and conditioner?how good is it?
You may please. 🙂
I got samples for their Rainforest Shampoo and conditioner…I must say it smells awesome!!!And yes it did feel good on my hair..I dont have dry hair as such…I think it will siut dry hair!!. I plan to buy full sizes after my Banana Shampoo n conditioner are over!! 🙂
Thanks, Anupam. 🙂 I will def check out their other products in the range. 🙂
Thanx for sharing….i’ll go get it 🙂
I have wavy hair, and it gets unruly (more like out of a chicken pen look- soft, fluffy and unruly) , if I don’t blow dry right, right after a hair bath.
Most hair masks make it more fluffy and unruly. But since this is something like a leave-in conditioner (I hope I understood that right), I might go check it out at the BodyShop here.
Depa it’s a deep conditioner and I do like it a lot. Just that the effect I get to see is the next day of washing my hair. It’s good product otherwise. And best no harmful chemicals. 🙂
I am surely getting this aftr my pantene conditioner is over… sounds good 🙂
do body shop offers some leave-in conditioners? which is the best leave-in conditioner for curly dry hair?
I have picked this up…I am loving it…