WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
The Body Shop Rainforest Shine Conditioner Review
What it claims: Smooth hair’s surface for incredible shine and prolonged radiance using a shine-enhancing conditioner without silicones, sulphates, parabens or colorants. Contains pracaxi oil, cameline seed oil and Community Trade olive oil, sugar, and aloe vera.
Price and Quantity: Rs. 695 for 400 ml ; Rs 495 for 250 ml
Best for: Normal to dry hair
1. Organic olive oil from Italy-is a natural moisturizer for normal to dry skin. It also helps condition hair, and gives it a silky shine. Our olive oil is organic, and comes from our Community Trade partners in southern Italy.
2. Aloe vera gel-is clinically proven to soothe and nurture the skin, and is naturally grown in Guatemala by our Community Trade Partner, The Guastatoya Farmers
Our Aloe products contain no preservatives, dyes, fragrances or soap
3. Glycerin -is an effective moisturizer which helps improve softness and maximize hydration.
What I like about the Body Shop Rainforest conditioner:
- The packaging: The bottle come in a longish plastic tube (like all the other product bottles which belong to their Eco conscious range) with a flip top lid as opposed to the fatty packaging of the shampoos and conditioners from other ranges 😛
- The texture and consistency: It is a milky white cream like gel which neither too thick nor too runny.
- The fragrance: I adore how it smells! Perhaps somewhat like an intensified version of lemongrass but a milder version of the corresponding Rainforest Shine Shampoo. I also like that the smell does not liner around too long in my hair.
- Rinses out quickly and easily and makes my hair feel clean.
- I have short but thick hair so it can be difficult to style. Whenever I use this conditioner even with another shampoo, I find it a lot easier to set and style using my blow dryer and round brush.
- The “shine” from the Rainforest Shine Conditioner will last you a good 24 hours before your next wash.
- It does not weigh my hair down and makes it soft.
- I need a very small amount for usage. In any case, I have very short hair so most 250 ml bottleslast me over a year 🙂 and this one is 400 ml !!!
What I do not like much about this conditioner:
- My hair is not silky or slippery after its usage. But one may attribute that to the absence of silicones in this conditioner. My hair is just smooth in a natural way after using it so that it appears and feels like I have applied no conditioner.
- It is a very mild conditioner. I am not sure why The Body Shop recommends it for dry hair. Though works well as a leave in conditioner.
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-*
Verdict: Finally a conditioner with less chemicals but one which still works! 🙂
Would you purchase again?: Yes
Also Read :
- The Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo Review
- The Body Shop New Eco-Conscious Rainforest Hair Care Range
- The Body Shop Rain Forest Moisture Hair Butter Review